Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Does anyone know much about the Slick 50 engine oil treatment? I know it's kind of a super lubricant type thing but does it actually work and make a difference?

Also, would anyone reccomend an engine flush treatment for an old TD with 124K on the clock?

Just noticed that this might get moved, sorry!

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
engine flushs is a no no, the stuff rots your seals, if you change your oil on a regular time, there is mo need for flushes m8

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
the Idea of Slick 50 is that it alters the weight etc of your oil... a no no in modern engines as they are very fussy about their oil!!!

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
no, been there done that with the slick 50 and all other additives, notice no difference at all...

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
change your oil every 3k it will keep your engine clean.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blimey! Thanks for that, I'll be steering clear from now on. Which brings me on to my next question:

Whats the best injector cleaner to use? Or should I stay away again?!

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
best cleaner is simple my friend put good fuel in your tank and you will not need to put anything else in, use optimax or something like

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gravedigger said:
best cleaner is simple my friend put good fuel in your tank and you will not need to put anything else in, use optimax or something like
Thought Optimax was for petrol? I did try BP Ultimate Diesel once but at £1.02p a litre it was a little expensive.

It's just, sounds daft but, my exhaust is supposed to be shiny but I've give up cleaning it because it keeps getting sooted up, so whats the effects going to be within the engine? I'm going to try and get it running super efficient and up to scratch for this NW RR day, so any tips would be cool. :L

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.