Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm normally pretty good at fixing cars but this simple guard has me stumped.

I need to replace the fuel (In) line to the filter. A design fault results in It rubbing against the wiring loom by the filter. The result is a pin hole that is it sucking in air. The part (£37) looks easy to replace as its two sprung loaded clips at each end.

The one thing I cannot seem to solve is how to remove the fuel pipe shield which runs down the center of the underside of the car floor. The securing screw seem to come through the floor from above but looking surely Ford would provide a solution to release them from below? Look at the part on Ebay It appears that the yellow blocks which screw to the car body don't release from the black shield and I have a rather time consuming job to strip out the interior

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fuel-Tubes-Shield-1547510/162203606027?hash=item25c4169c0b%3Ag%3Ac3cAAOSw9GhYev2H&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AS-Max%7CCars+Year%3A2006

Any pointers I would be grateful for.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, I managed to resolve. the yellow clips pulled backward with a screwdriver. This is done from underneath the car and it releases them from the screw in the bodywork. Actually a very clever easy system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts