Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i have 2.0 ecoboost (ford smax 2012 ).
I live in hot weather most of the year (Israel).
In my car the intake tube location is in front of the radiator, and the open turn backwards, resulting hot air into the engine that create some kind of a lag in hot weather.
I want to stay with my stock inbox, and need some kind of adaptor that allows more cold air inside and prevent that annoying lag.
I added picture that shows Vellosa tec company solution for that problem( suited to fusion) .
If any of you know were i can buy such thing it will be helpful .
Thanks

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,466 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hi

Is there room to move pipework slightly away from radiator perhaps to side.

When do you notice power lag, is it after being stationary with heat soak under bonnet? As soon as car accelerates air flow should drop temperatures in front of radiator.

Is it possible to create a shield around inlet such that air is drawn only through grille.

Some after market air filters are moved under the wheelarch, I personally am concerned these can draw extra dirt and dust into engine.

Peter

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
Unless sitting in traffic the location of the inlet should not be a problem, when on

the move plenty of fresh air will push the heat from the radiator into the engine

bay.

I think you have another issue not the temperature of the inlet air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.