Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked up outside my mechanics house with the engine running and Jodi sitting in the Passenger seat, when all of a sudden BANG, a white van took my electric mirror off denting my door and smacking my wing. She is shaking to bits and we just rang the police and I have to go and fill out loads of paperwork. She got the REG plate, so hopefully something will be done.

Anyone got a drivers side electric mirror in black for a mk1 going cheap?
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
really sorry to hear it mate, have had it done on my mk1 recently too. they will probably cop the culprit for yours, but not for mine!

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will they make him pay for the damage? if they get him

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
if he's insured and the police get hold of him you'll be alright, but if he's uninsured it can be a long and drawn out process to get any cash, you may have to take him to the small claims court yourself which can be expensive....

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
keep your eyes peeled on ebay theres usually mk1 black doors and wings on there

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not fussed if i can find a pair in radiant red

·
6,836 Posts
Some right :BEEP: s out there mate, even though you took the reg down there is still ways they can get out off it. As we have just found out.

The law in this country is stupid, law abidding citizens get :BEEP: up the :BEEP: .

·
Yo
3,632 Posts
Some people are reals shits arn't they!

One thing though, I wouldn't tell the police that you left the car while the engine was running (if that was the case anyway, were you in the car at the time??) - that is against the law, and they may do you over it (if they can, maybe they have to catch you in the act??)

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow meggers are fantastic. Within an hour of this happening, **** Alsation 10 has brought round a mirror housing and Gaz Anglianut has got a mirror for me.
Now that is why you need to be on this website.

Thanks guys, now I am off to spend 3 hours sitting in Romford Police Station waiting to fill out paperwork. Yawn

·
6,836 Posts
Happy for ya mate glad you got the bits sorted, Welldone to the guys helping out.

Just gotta get the gits whodone it now :angryfire: :tonofbricks: :angryfire:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No doubt the Police will not be able to do anything after 3 months of paperwork but hey.
Not enough evidence blah blah.
But hey they may turn up trumps
:whistling:

·
MEG Admiral
2,099 Posts
The same thing happened to Carl last November..... we got the reg plate, he was in court on the 24th February but we have'nt heard a thing yet.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, if the Police do follow it up then yes they can do him for failing to stop at a scene off an accident. Which is an 'Arrestable offence' if there are injured parties. Yes his insurance should pay for the damage caused, and if his found to be driving without insurance again another offence, and yes you could then take him to court for damages.

Oh and same full comp insurance don't charge for damage caused by uninsured drivers, plus if they fail to find him then you may be able to file a claim with Insurance Bureau

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am only third party fire and theft due to my reckless younger days my premium is a little high.
Does this affect my insurance, I have to report it to them

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Reproting an accident to the ins. company, even if you don't claim, will affect your policy come renewal as they ask if you have been involved in an accident as well as have you made a claim in last 3-5 yrs. Somehow they see this as you being a higher risk. Just an excuse to get more money out of you. I hope they find the culprit and it all turns out fine for you.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
then you cant claim full stop on your insurance policy. you may get some money back by going thro the motor insurance bureu.

shouldnt effect your policy if you do report it, which you would have todo if you claim on the third parties insurance policy,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts