Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to make the throttle pedal lighter on the mk3 tddi? i took the strut off the pump on my mk2 which was good for me but even better but even with it on it wasnt as heavy as this one.

i got the hesitation ting around 1750 rpm i read about it on the forum someone said its to do with change over from stage 1 to stage 2 injection so ford told him, its not a big issue but if possible id like to resolve it.

no other engine questions at the moment :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Dont think so cause its not mechanical - its fly by wire type thingy to an electronic pump.

The hesitation thing I don't find that noticeable to be honest. There is a definate increase in power at around the 1800 to 2000 RPM mark when the turbo kicks in. Not sure about the 2 stage injection thingy myself - might be the case, might not be.

Come on, admit it the MK3 is growing on you (I wont tell anyone :)).

Do you like the global opening and closing on the windows (I love this feature), plus you now got more electrics to play with.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same about the throttle its going to bug me for a while now :(

not tried the global thingy yet its been raining lol.

by the way have i got footwell lights? any info on that also check out the lighting and the int/ext care section if you got time m8 :L

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
should have footwell lights, mine is a y plate lx and she has them...

·
MEG Corporal
1,033 Posts
try the ecu reset to resolve the flat spot problem. Some other things that i'd recomend you do to your TDDi:

Renew fuel filter
Tape up the vacuum pipe at the top of the engine from the turbo (rubs on the engine cover and can cause turbo failure if it rubs too much)
Disconnect the EGR

Non engine things

Footwell lights (your car should have the holders, check them with the bulb from the glovebox light, also the glovebox light only works with the lights on)
Get a new more aggressive horn as the std one is rubbish. I'd go for 2. Best to remove the passenger side headlamp when putting the new horn in as its really easy to do and will help alot.

·
Big Megger
269 Posts
panda does disconnecting the egr valve make much of a difference and can you tell me how you do this i have a 2001 tddi with dragon tuning box :thankyousign:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
amazingly , it dont work like that , i have a 51 plate zetec and it didnt have them :yawn: , i had to wire them in myself :loopy: , worth it though for the effect :L

·
MEG Corporal
1,033 Posts
[quote name=mondeo man tddi]panda does disconnecting the egr valve make much of a difference and can you tell me how you do this i have a 2001 tddi with dragon tuning box :thankyousign: [/quote]

Well, there is an increase in economy and power, so its a win win situation. Plus because the EGR is just blocked, it can be re-connected if you so wish. There's a how to in the appropriate section with pics.

·
15,701 Posts
its so easy, i did the post but i think its gone now, find the egr valve, there is a small L shaped pipe coming off it, take off that pipe and stick a ball bearing in it then connect it back up.

·
15,701 Posts
cant find it, on my next day off i'll do a how to and take some pics, cant be arsed today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts