Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
They aren't screw holes, they're were the plastic lugs/clips go, that hold the weather strip in as Tony states.

Perhaps the last owner got sick of replacing the lugs that for some reason Ford designed it so when you least expect it, you kick the strip as you get out of the car and then think to yourself how the hell could i catch that, damn, off to Fords again for more lugs at about 80p each :dang:

Reactions: mmmk42009

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,191 Posts
They aren't screw holes, they're were the plastic lugs/clips go, that hold the weather strip in as Tony states.

Perhaps the last owner got sick of replacing the lugs that for some reason Ford designed it so when you least expect it, you kick the strip as you get out of the car and then think to yourself how the hell could i catch that, damn, off to Fords again for more lugs at about 80p each :dang:
Thats only half the 'joy' of the experience! There is also the knowledge that only half of the clip has pulled out, and that the inner part is now inside the inner sill where it will stay rolling around forever :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I replaced this on my Mondeo mk4, on the other side was a rubber strip going all the way along called the sill weatherstrip. It is the same both sides and simply clips on.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,191 Posts
I replaced this on my Mondeo mk4, on the other side was a rubber strip going all the way along called the sill weatherstrip. It is the same both sides and simply clips on.
If you slide them in from the rear it damages the clips less than if you just push the strip over them.

Open both doors on one side and the wetherstrip inside channel will slide over all the clips except the most rearward one. With less damage to their heads the weatherstrip will be more secure.

·
Little Megger
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you slide them in from the rear it damages the clips less than if you just push the strip over them.

Open both doors on one side and the wetherstrip inside channel will slide over all the clips except the most rearward one. With less damage to their heads the weatherstrip will be more secure.
All mine are missing back and front and the cheapest I can find is £38.00 per door. Is there a cheaper option?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried to get it cheaper from a scrapyard on eBay but unfortunately the postage cost was a lot so I paid about that from fordpartsuk.
I hope you find it, on my Mondeo it was one per side for both doors running along the sill

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,524 Posts
I agree with guitar. Its only one continuous strip per side surely

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
It is one complete strip per side.

I should know i've had it off and on enough times :lol:

Reactions: TreborB
1 - 12 of 12 Posts