Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So i have an issue about starting an engine. First of all, my old fuel pump bearing had broken up. So my dad bring two fuel pumps to a customer to make from 2 pumps into 1. Everything was re-elected but sometimes engine wont start up, sometimes everything ok and engine starts easily, but sometimes fuel pump start to show whims and my car can't start without engine starting spray. Today after my car chassis restoration i couldnt start my engine normally and with engine start spray, only way to start my car was had a stretching with a rope. So anybody have ideas what's wrong with fuel pump? But after engine starts the idle speed doesn't drop or increase, everything working fine, but only starting engine have a problem.
Piktograma „Patvirtinta bendruomenės“

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,104 Posts
Glowplugs working? Fuel pressure when cranking? Cranking speed? Changed the fuel filter recently?
(check you have not fitted the filter backwards, may sound silly but its been done more than once)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glowplugs working? Fuel pressure when cranking? Cranking speed? Changed the fuel filter recently?
(check you have not fitted the filter backwards, may sound silly but its been done more than once)
The video shows everything the same as it does to me, but when I start my engine doesn't turn off, and it works normally. Idle speed is normally. Only startup is a problem.

·
Super Moderator
31,104 Posts
Seems to be more than just the startup, you revved it up and it cutout at the 44seconds mark. Didn't look like you
switched the ignition off yourself.

If you hold the engine at 1500rpm - 1800 rpm using thre throttle will it stay running? Can you do that long enought to get
some heat into the engine?

If it gets easier to start with a hotter engine it maybe the glowplugs, could be a timing issue or a lack of fuel pressure though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts