Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the Sony single disk MP3 headunit to replace the standard CD in my 2005 TDCI.
I have spotted a few on flea-bay and worked out which shape surround I need so I don't have to fiddle with the console but one burning question before I take the plunge.
I had/have a Kenwood Mask CD MP3 unit which also displays the id3 tag when playing - IE scrolls the track title across the screen - do these Sony units do that as well???

cheers in advance

Rukka

·
MEG Monster
1,179 Posts
Yep the MP3 one does, as I got one in me mondy, it scrolls either the track title, album name or artist or all 3. I got mine brand new of ebay, I had to take it to a ford garage to have it configured :( paid 180 for stereo and 60 for configuration :)
I think its great alot better than the 6 cd somy one, just for the fact it shows you what its playin :)
Hope that helps ya !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers - I don't think I'll bother then. I may as well fit my Kenwood Mask unit in an adapter. Don't fancy paying another £60 to have it configured on top of the £160-£200 for the unit.

·
MEG Monster
1,179 Posts
I think its to set-up the sound for the car, i.e mondeo has a bigger interior than focus, so i think it just sets the speakers up for the size of the car. Also some of the functions on the stereo are not needed in the mondeo but are in the focus i.e the clock.
I may be wrong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
£189.99 inc postage - brand spanking new

See item 330058523068

He has a few of them. The picture is not correct - its the one with the sloped sides he is sending so it will fit straight in. Just got to hope it don't need programming :driving:

·
MEG Monster
1,179 Posts
it will tell ya as soon as you pop it in if it needs configuting.
If it is brand spankin new it WILL need to be configured.
It's around 60quid

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To be honest I'm hoping it will be a refurb unit and so will not need config - his advert says all the ones he has fitted did'nt need it..... unless its a lie !

Time will tell - it will be here tomorrow.................................

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK - it turned up - broken! So it's going back tomorrow.

I plugged it in to se if it needed configuring and it flashed up quickly "not configured" then worked ok. You can get into the menu's to set the VED, clock etc.
I appreciate what you say about configuring speakers etc but it sounded OK to me. Insted of spending £60 I'll put up with the quick "Not configured" when the replacement arrives........

·
Super Moderator
5,292 Posts
You will find that every time that you turn the radio off, you will have to setup the radio presets, things like the clock all the time. And after a bit you will be fed with doing it, so it's worth spending the money to have the set configure write.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Corner plastics damaged, was wrapped properly so must have been done before packing. Not to worry - sh*t happens! Seller is shipping another one to me at work tomorrow, bust one will be collected at the same time. So hopefully tomorrow we should be up and running :L

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.