Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have swapped out my 6000CD to a Sony MP3 unit, the unit powers up and works fine but it says "Not configured", I have entered the VID (Chassis No.) but when the unit is powered off the clock and date defaults back to 00:00 and 00/00/2000. How do you enter these settings and make the unit store the info.

·
MEG Monster
1,200 Posts
You need to take the stereo to ford to be configured on the WDS system, it costs about 65-70 quid.

I dont think there is a cheaper option.

I had to do it with mind as i bought a brand new sony mp3 stereo aswell and swapped it over

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to the ford dealer where i bought the unit from, they said because my old stereo was different i.e 6000cd there was no WDS code to transfer, is this right.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
graysi said:
I spoke to the ford dealer where i bought the unit from, they said because my old stereo was different i.e 6000cd there was no WDS code to transfer, is this right.
What they need to do is the following

1: connect up the wds to the car
2: using the menu system on the wds they will be able to config the unit up so it work correctly.

What is happining is that the radio needs to be setup to the car. You setup items like what kind of trim is fitted, cloth or leather. What kinf of speakers are fitted. It will remove the display of the clock as you don't need it. It will be all setup with the vin number& proberly setup just to work with your cars ecu unit only. So if your radio was nicked, it shouldn't work in any others car we hope.

The problem is the the ford dealer has never done this before & is unsure what to do.

I don't that my ford dealer I use for parts didn't even know themself's how to do it until I told them what to do & what parts to use. :surprised: or :sad:

By the way, do you have the right center console part for the sony unit to fit right. ? If not you will need to order it from ford. It's about £50ish. To change it over will take about 2 hrs tops. I done a few console change overs, just ask MAV.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer I got the Sony unit from is providing a centre consul at cost £56, they told me to cut away the original one to get it to fit. Its been a nightmare, I was going to return the MP3 unit and get a refund but I heard they sound much better than the 6000CD one and now the leather seats are fitted this will just finish the car off.

Anyone know a Ford dealer where they can do the WDS code, I bet its only a few minutes to do.

·
MEG Monster
1,200 Posts
Col Tubbs changed mine over in abount an hour, he did no cutting away tho !!!!!

It is worth the change over and the time and monies spent getting the unit configured. I have the MP3 Sony unit, it's wicked, you can get around 7-8 albums on a cd and then all the album titles and song titles are displayed on the screen.

I had mine configured at my local Sandicliff Ford garage in Leicester.

Just phone a couple up near you, there is bound to be one that knows what to do :)

Good luck !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cutting away was on the original centre consul, as per the dealers instruction, it still dont fit flush though. So the ford dealer where I got the unit from is sending the consul some time next week. Then when the car goes in for a service I'll get ford to do the WDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.