Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Galaxy 2.0 TDCI Ghia with a Sony DAB single CD unit. I've owned the car from new and have had no problems at all with the car until now. No aftermarket kit has been fitted. No repair work has taken place. Serviced as normal by Ford dealer.

I noticed one morning the radio was on in the car, I hadn't unlocked it at this stage. I opened the car and saw a low battery warning, the car started okay. I ran the car and all seemed fine, I locked the car. Late that night I looked out of my house to see the radio was on in the car. I went to turn it off, re locked the car. Within 5 minutes the radio was back on. It switched itself on! This happened several times that night. I charged the battery the following day. I spoke to several Ford dealers who hadn't heard of the problem nor knew how to fix it; there was no way I was letting them loose on my car if they couldn't give me some assurance they could fix it. The problem seemed to go as I didn't notice the radio on again.

I left the car for a couple of weeks - I use my Focus during the bad weather. I went to start the Galaxy yesterday and it was completely dead. My C-TEK smart charger wouldn't even start a charging process. There was less than 2 volts across the battery.

Brought new battery, connected it today and car started fine. The radio came on, I entered the security code and it worked fine until I tried to turn it off - it wouldn't! I've removed the audio fuse F6 until I know what the problem is.

I'm presuming the radio problem is related to the battery discharging. Does anyone know of this problem and more importantly know how to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Galaxy 2.0 TDCI Ghia with a Sony DAB single CD unit. I've owned the car from new and have had no problems at all with the car until now. No aftermarket kit has been fitted. No repair work has taken place. Serviced as normal by Ford dealer.

I noticed one morning the radio was on in the car, I hadn't unlocked it at this stage. I opened the car and saw a low battery warning, the car started okay. I ran the car and all seemed fine, I locked the car. Late that night I looked out of my house to see the radio was on in the car. I went to turn it off, re locked the car. Within 5 minutes the radio was back on. It switched itself on! This happened several times that night. I charged the battery the following day. I spoke to several Ford dealers who hadn't heard of the problem nor knew how to fix it; there was no way I was letting them loose on my car if they couldn't give me some assurance they could fix it. The problem seemed to go as I didn't notice the radio on again.

I left the car for a couple of weeks - I use my Focus during the bad weather. I went to start the Galaxy yesterday and it was completely dead. My C-TEK smart charger wouldn't even start a charging process. There was less than 2 volts across the battery.

Brought new battery, connected it today and car started fine. The radio came on, I entered the security code and it worked fine until I tried to turn it off - it wouldn't! I've removed the audio fuse F6 until I know what the problem is.

I'm presuming the radio problem is related to the battery discharging. Does anyone know of this problem and more importantly know how to fix it?
Hi Martin did ever figure out what was wrong with your car radio I have a 09 ford galaxy ghia and it does the same and air conditioning/heater unit malfunctions

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
Hope your not holding your breath for a reply.

Martin made one post 8 years ago and has not logged in over the past 8 years. My guess a faulty stereo. swap it out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Water ingress into fuse box check all drain holes for leaves etc

I once had a Granada that had multiple electrical weirdness. When i checked the fusebox under the bonnet it was a box full of water at the bottom.So cleared the section under the wipers of Debris and drilled a hole in the bottom of the box. never happened again.

Some ECUs are also strapped to the side of the footwells Water from a leaking windscreen can pass through them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts