Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did have a TDCi and used this forum a lot BUT it was just too noisy/rattley. I sold it after the dealer failed to shut it up.
I now have a 530d but enough of that.

I need some help for a friend who has a 1.8 TD Enduro Mondeo. His cylinder head is cracked, where do we get one, what is the head bolt torque setting/sequence?
Sorry about being a traitor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
garylewis said:
I did have a TDCi and used this forum a lot BUT it was just too noisy/rattley. I sold it after the dealer failed to shut it up.
I now have a 530d but enough of that
Thats the same engine (the BMW 530 that is) thats in the Vectra I am about to have delivered
A few years ago you would NEVER have dreamed of a V6 diesel with 45mpg!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m8internet said:
garylewis said:
I now have a 530d but enough of that
Thats the same engine (the BMW 530 that is) thats in the Vectra I am about to have delivered
My BMW unit is a straight six. I don't think they do a V6 diesel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The info I have, is that the engine in the Vectra 3.0 V6 diesel is also from BMW

However, it is possible that info is flawed and they are referring to the petrol 3.0 V6, as I know that was DEFINITELY a BMW engine
Many years ago had to go to a BMW dealer to get a part for an Omega 3.0 V6 as the VX dealer advised me it was out of stock, but their BMW dealer had one in stock

My hunch is that the 3.0 V6 diesel is actually from the SAAB
I'll check up on that tomorrow

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
cant help with the info you require firstly , more of a post to balance out the lack of reading that has gone on in the first 2 replies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , the bloke wants help with a 1.8 TD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
MEG Corporal
726 Posts
m8internet said:
[
Sorry to quote off topic but I had the Vectra 3.0 litre V6 and there is a stamp on the engine that say ISUZU so it not a Beemer!
Also its not a Saab - they use the 1.9 CDTi on some of their models but don't lend engines to GM.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Vauxhall used the BMW diesel in the omega.. de tuned of course ..
many generic parts on cars can be used on 'similair' engines ...

BMW engines are straight 6s ..

and the diesel can do 45 very easily. the 525 or the 530d in the E39 5s.. have been doing since 98/99 IIRC.

try here for 5 series 'stuff' :)

http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.