Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have tried finding what i want through search first but couldn't so apologise in advance for what i'm sure will be a repeated thread however...

I am buying a 2009 09 plate Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCi Zetec tomorrow which has that silver non Sony head unit in.

My main queries are:

1. Can i fit the Sony DAB unit straight in with no wiring mods? Just plug and play?

2. Is the wiring pre installed for adding the Bluetooth module with USB (for ipod connection and firmware updating)?

3. Following on from 2, will the microphone wiring already be installed too?

I did these upgrades to a Kuga a few years ago no problems but want to know before i start chasing a lost cause if it is so please advise with your infinite wisdom and save me some hassle.

Kind regards

Sparklehedgehog

·
Megger
3,400 Posts
Car would need to be prepped for btvc to have Mic Wiring. Look up the car on etis.

Bt module doesn't plug directly in to the hu, you'd need another antenna feed for dab to work as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the car today and the silver headunit has bluetooth already which i understand was an option on these zetecs with this head unit. I would like ipod usb connection and a2dp streaming really so is my only solution to get a usb BT module and sony head unit? Can it be a single cd sony HU or does it have to be the 6 cd one?

Obviously have all the wiring installed already.

·
Dirty old Megger
1,417 Posts
Should be a straight swap between these oval head units, provided they come from another Mondeo.

The exception would be the "Audiophile" Sony units, which has a separate output for Ford's proprietary external amplifier,

so stay away from them, unless you want to shell out on that amp and loads of further wiring.

I'd be recommending aftermarket head unit way before that point.

·
Megger
3,400 Posts
Get the part number of the BT module before you buy anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm also thinking of doing the same thing...so in laymans terms..i take the normal radio/cd players out..and swap over for a dab/cd radio from another mk4..is that correct..?..not thick..just want to be 100% sure ..lol

·
Megger
3,400 Posts
Yes but ensure its from a mondeo and not a focus or kuga although they look the sane there is some issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts