Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the tyres i have to put on my Dare V4's are 215/35/19 but will need to confirm that with Pewtnerst24.

If thats the case is there a wheel i can use as a spare or am i going to be hunting down an elusive 5th V4?

jcth1

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
you can go as far as 7.5j rims on a 17" in the spare wheel well. i have that in mine and it fits under the subbox ok. thats with 205/45/17 tyres. think a 19" rim is too big. you could go for a 16" spare with a 50 profile tyre as a runabout and get me home tyre and keep the spare 19 in the garage. think dieselracer did something like that with his 18"`s if thats any help john.

Dan :L

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the TD has a set of 5 18''s but i dont believe the V4's are in production anymore so a spare one is nigh on impossible to aquire.

Looks like the biggest steely (proper size tyre) will have to do as a run me home.

Thanks Dan.

jcth1

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i doubt ill be using the 19''s now so ill lug the 5th Pacer around as a spare. Im sure it will fit in the spare wheel well.

Still going to look at finding a decent size steely for the 19''s for the new owners of them.

jcth1

·
MEG Sergeant
1,274 Posts
I've had mine on a space saver & 19's on the same axel before (I know definitely not recommended) Car drove OK but traction control had to be turned off for obvious reasons as it was a front flat I had. If you have to do this don’t put your foot down as it has a tendency to pull to one side :} :} :}

Tyre weld for me as well now though :blush: Can't get a spare in mine as the Nos cylinder is in the way :whistling:

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info mark. Will try to source a Decent Steelie (gotta collect a set of Paul V6) and pop down my local tyre place to see about a bigger tyre for the steelie.

Any one reccomend a size to match the 215/35/19?

jcth1

·
Big Megger
360 Posts
The closest size to the 215/35-19 you will find is either a, 205/55-16 or a 195/65-15, They both have a different in diameter to the 19 of 1mm which is the closest you will get.

·
MEG Captain
4,635 Posts
Glenn said:
I'm using tyre weld just now as I can't get anything less than a 17" over my front brakes and I haven't gotten round to getting a 17" spare yet.
worst comes to worst fit one of the 17" rears on the front and then the smaller 15"/16" spare wheel on the rear.....this way you will have a 17" to fit over the front brakes and a standard spare to slip over the rear brakes....i would never trust tyreweld to get you out of trouble.........

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
streetboy said:
Glenn said:
I'm using tyre weld just now as I can't get anything less than a 17" over my front brakes and I haven't gotten round to getting a 17" spare yet.
worst comes to worst fit one of the 17" rears on the front and then the smaller 15"/16" spare wheel on the rear.....this way you will have a 17" to fit over the front brakes and a standard spare to slip over the rear brakes....i would never trust tyreweld to get you out of trouble.........
My wife drives the car most of the time and she wouldn't attempt to even change 1 wheel, let alone swap rear to front! I do know what you mean though about tyreweld, but it's only a temporary measure and the car never goes any more than 30 miles from the house from one week to the next.

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
waynerv6 said:
The closest size to the 215/35-19 you will find is either a, 205/55-16 or a 195/65-15, They both have a different in diameter to the 19 of 1mm which is the closest you will get.
Thanks bud. Just the numbers of what i needed. MAte has some 15''s knocking about so will aquire a tyre for that then. Wonder if ford did a 4 stud 16'' steelie?

jcth1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.