Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Ford KA and the left speaker doesn't work. I removed both panels. First I tested whether the speakers were in working order. Then I tested whether power was coming out from the head unit. Both testes were positive. Then I tested the wiring and found that the wires to the speakers do not receive any power. I am guessing I have to rewire. My problem is that I have no idea where to start because most wires go to the dash making it a very messy thing to do. I then thought to buy some spare wires and run them separately. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
18,966 Posts
i think the wires run through the a pillar into the door via a rubber concertina'd pipe, this unscrews from the a pillar and reveals all the wiring to the door. It might be worth taking the card off and identifying the wires in the a pillar connector and check these for a circuit, then if you have power there, its a fault in the door loom, which you can get from a scrapped car.

Onto the head unit, If its an original head unit the wires should just plug in, problem free, if the head unit isn't, are all the wires in the right place?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.