1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
They're ace! Doubt they'd suit a Mondy though

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
OH NO, THE DREADED NISASAN 350Z bloody awful car, i hate driving them things.

not sure about them wheels either, much prefer multi spoke.

·
Tyne & Wear Meets Organiser
6,047 Posts
wtf??? is it a photoshop or are they real?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as far as i know there real, some kind of strong clear acrylic or somethin.
I wasnt sure at first, but i really like them

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
My rear brake drums would look great through them! :D

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
MICKUPNORTH said:
wtf??? is it a photoshop or are they real?
They could be real. The Harleys have had them type of wheels for a year or two now. I know a car is heavier but I can't see why it wouldn't be possible.

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Cool!..After every drive you could get out and see how much your brake pads had worn down...

:whistling:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,017 Posts
errrr, they do look cool, but where would the brake dust go? it would be a nightmare having to clean the insides?

looks photoshop to me

·
MEG Captain
4,635 Posts
these wheels/pics were on a jap forum i visit last summer and it turned out that they were photoshopped..........

johnnyb said:
OH NO, THE DREADED NISASAN 350Z bloody awful car, i hate driving them things
280bhp from a 3.5 ltr v6 with no turbo or supercharger..0-62 in 5.9 sec..brembo brakes..18" rays alloys and more toys than you can shake a stick at...12 yr anti corrosion warranty..3yrs/60k mile warranty and 3yrs paint all for 25k new or a bargain 2nd hand..and what is your experiance of driving one of these ? not your last job i hope driving them off the boat and parking them up on the dock side :)

·
MEG Corporal
599 Posts
Can't see why it can't be done on a car,it's been done on bikes for a few years now,
the most famous being Billy Lanes' chopper of biker build off fame.Proper bike too - no photoshop stuff etc.
and there's less space on a bike to hide all the engineering trickery?

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
streetboy said:
these wheels/pics were on a jap forum i visit last summer and it turned out that they were photoshopped..........

johnnyb said:
OH NO, THE DREADED NISASAN 350Z bloody awful car, i hate driving them things
280bhp from a 3.5 ltr v6 with no turbo or supercharger..0-62 in 5.9 sec..brembo brakes..18" rays alloys and more toys than you can shake a stick at...12 yr anti corrosion warranty..3yrs/60k mile warranty and 3yrs paint all for 25k new or a bargain 2nd hand..and what is your experiance of driving one of these ? not your last job i hope driving them off the boat and parking them up on the dock side :)
certainly was, bit of a pain in the butt for me to get in and out of, standing at 6ft3" and 18stone, not really designed for a man of my stature, however, when in and the seat is adjusted you can have some fun, the back end is very very twitchy though...

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Would rather them on a car. If one goes bang you've got 3 more and could hopefully keep control, on a bike, no chance.

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
I'd still rather loose a wheel on a car at 50 than on a bike at 50. But none the less, I aint got those rims and I use a torque wrench :}

1 - 19 of 19 Posts