Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im sure ive read a thread on here where people are having same problem but for love nor money can I find it. Basically its doesnt always squeak and only does it on the way back up just before the top. I read that most people were dowsing all parts of pedal in wd40 as Ford couldnt fix the problem and had stripped the clutch spring contraption and lubricated it but still squeak was heard!! Well heres the real reason it squeaks, get your head in thr footwell and look at the clutch pedal fully pressed down. On yhe clutch you will see a little square fabric pad and jus under dash is a push switch that is pushed in as foot comes off clutch! This is the squeak!! Put little bit of oil on both parts and no more squeak!!! The switch comes out very easy you just rotate it 45º and unplug it. If anyone has this problem and cant find it let me know and ill attach pic. :-D

·
Little Megger
32 Posts
Had this on my last car and couldn't get to the bottom of it but it eventually went away of its own accord. The Mondeo I have now is an automatic so whatever else happens this is one problem I shouldn't have! Glad to hear you found the cause though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi, im sure ive read a thread on here where people are having same problem but for love nor money can I find it. Basically its doesnt always squeak and only does it on the way back up just before the top. I read that most people were dowsing all parts of pedal in wd40 as Ford couldnt fix the problem and had stripped the clutch spring contraption and lubricated it but still squeak was heard!! Well heres the real reason it squeaks, get your head in thr footwell and look at the clutch pedal fully pressed down. On yhe clutch you will see a little square fabric pad and jus under dash is a push switch that is pushed in as foot comes off clutch! This is the squeak!! Put little bit of oil on both parts and no more squeak!!! The switch comes out very easy you just rotate it 45º and unplug it. If anyone has this problem and cant find it let me know and ill attach pic. :-D
Thanks very much for this. I had the same problem but managed to fix it thanks to you :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts