Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few months a squeaky noise has been eminating from the drivers side of the car at the front, no its not a mouse ! it is like 2 bits of rubber being forced together sort of noise, almost like a squeaky bed, although not heard my bed lately :whistling: it does it when i'm going along, and today when i am maneuvuring at almost a stationary pace and turning the steering it is making the noise too quite loud. have also noticed that the front wheel on this side spins more easily of late and makes me look like a boy racer.

Just wanna know if it is safe, I plan to get it looked at in the next few weeks.

One thing I have noticed is that if I grab the drivers side wheel and rock it, I can feel a lumpy movement, certain amount of play.

Cheers fellas

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
or maybe a balljoint :whistling:

·
MEG Corporal
2,646 Posts
I had a squeek last year. only really done it when I was doing small manouveres eg: parking the car. more noticeable as I drove over bumpty ground. Turned out to be the anti-roll bar link bar. I only found out by getting my brother to bounce the car at the front whilst I felt around the suspension...the squeeking stopped when I put my hand on the link bar. Just a thought.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the Cv joint replaced 4 months ago, could be the anti roll bar, cos when i go round a left hand bend the car feels awkward and doesn't handle very well, you can throw it round a right hand bend and it feels fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts