The Mad Kiwi
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys reckon?

The crotch rocket made me jump....

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
nice work and good car control, good to hear the tyres chirping away too!

·
The Mad Kiwi
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It helps a lot when the front shocks are on properly set up Koni yellows. I was quite surprised at how those Nankang NS2 tyres on the front held up. Slightly harder compound than the DZ101s which were on there originally, but handled almost as good as the DZs did. A lot chirpier than the DZs however. The wet test was a little unfair as it was absolutely bucketing down after those sessions. Ended up aquaplaning down the front straight when everybody in front of me stopped, and had 3 kids in the car, all under 13s, and somehow remained calm and managed to save it.

The brakes on the other hand, were absolutely dead by the end of the day. Severe brake fade meant that I had to sit out the last session of the day, but it was raining quite heavily so I wasn't concerned. I must further upgrade these brakes to Znoelli slotted and dimple-drilled rotors and performance Znoelli SP5000 pads, or even go down the 320mm ASBO road.

Since the ASBO and the XR5t are in the same model group, will the XR5t rotors fit as the ST didn't make it down here but the XR5t did

1 - 5 of 5 Posts