Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, while the car was on the ramps having an oil change at the weekend i noticed the offside rear box has started to corode quite badly, just passed mot, but was wondering what the best sort of zorst to put back on in terms off aftermarket system. i dont want it to be overly loud but a nice burble on tickover would be nice and a bit more bark to it when the throttle is unleashed would also be favourable. obviously combined with a couple of nice slash cut pipes at the rear to enhance the car and ward off would be boy racers! any reccomendations fellas?

G

·
A lot of people reckon the blue flame systems from ebay are very good. I will be looking a them in a couple of weeks for the hact to see how they compare with a full custom stainless system.

Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m in the same position with mine coming up on 100k both back boxes look like there on their last legs.

After speaking to insurance they are going to charge me £50 for the privilege of a performance exhaust, so if I’m going to pay them as well, I want the best performance exhaust there is for the ST200.

Anybody have definite power gains dynos etc after having a performance exhaust fitted to a ST200. I was under the impression that the Ford exhaust was about as good as you could get performance wise?

·
Registered
639 Posts
The std 200 exhaust is in fact very good, just bloody expensive from fraud. Last time I asked it was 600 odd squid.

Blueflame and Milltek are both very good, with a nice tone and fit like the std pipes.

I found the blueflame I had on my 200 hatch boosted the bottom end with no detriment to the top end. Real world gain.

My estate has a custom Longlife piece of rubbish and I hate it.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
mongoose is the best on the market with the best gains of power but they do have a bad side tho they are a bit pricey
milltek are very good too and have a good rep to with good gains just like the mongoose

·
Registered
472 Posts
mongoose exhausts are blueflame exhausts (bf make them for mg) - but with at least £100 put on the price.

·
Registered
93 Posts
After reading this: Link Not really sure whats going on with the Mongoose loosing 4 bhp with the other mods, going to pick up a Performance Ford mag tomorrow to read more on that, will also send an email to Blueflame see if they got an documented increases.

Had a look on Milltek website No ST200 listed but noticed the V6 was a twin exit?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not seen the PF even tho I subscribe, think someone nicked it as I was on holiday.

Anyway, the magic bit is this......the bluefin and blueflame/mongoose do not work well together.

I had bluefin on my 200 hatch and all was fine until I fitted the mongoose. It changed the demand and the bluefin got alll confused. Took bluefin off and all was super duper.

Really needed to go to superchips and get it mapped for the exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts