Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just picked up a ST220 air box which has the 2nd air feed to it, would I notice any difference if it was fitted to a 1.8 engine ? I know the reasons why the ST220 had this design on the early models but not on the later ones.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
would imagine it'll flow better than a 1.8 one, but as you prob know, would need 2.0 maf and 2.0 tb for any benefits.

(edited as now noticed is mk3)

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would imagine it'll flow better than a 1.8 one, but as you prob know, would need 2.0 maf and 2.0 tb for any benefits.

(edited as now noticed is mk3)
That's what I would think, but the question has to be asked 1st before I fit. I already have a 2.3l tb on the motor as it was meant for the US focus

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i would imagine that fitting it would definitely improve suction then...

would also imagine roaaaarrrr factor might improve a bit too.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
pics please?
I take it, that you never seen or heard about the ST220 airbox ?

For those who want to see what i am on about here is a picture of the box and it's 2nd feed

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive lighting

As you look at the box, you can see the standard inlet and the outlet and at the botton to the left you have the 2nd inlet with it's pipework, plus there is also a small opening in the base of the airbox aswell.

Attachments

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ah i see ive never seen one no i was under the impression they were all the same on the mk3. still not a mod i think i need lol

·
MEG Corporal
4,434 Posts
pics please?
I take it, that you never seen or heard about the ST220 airbox ?

For those who want to see what i am on about here is a picture of the box and it's 2nd feed

View attachment 123634

As you look at the box, you can see the standard inlet and the outlet and at the botton to the left you have the 2nd inlet with it's pipework, plus there is also a small opening in the base of the airbox aswell.
[/quote]

wonder where u found that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.