Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Hello.

I've been wondering about the fuel line of ST220 mondeo (3.0 V6). There isn't returning line at all.

Is the fuel pump over ST220 controlled somehow (by analogy/stairless by ecu or something) or is fuel pump doing all the time maximum work?

I'm thinking of these because I'm fitting ST220 intake manifolds to ST200 MK2 mondeo which has a returning fuel line.

So do I need to control the fuel pump stairless somehow and is it then okay just to block the returning line on the car side?

yH35.jpg

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep, I guessed right, I guess :D

I googled and someone already had this same issue. ST220 mondeo really is missing the returning fuel line and the pressure is controlled by controlling the fuel pump. And "normal" fuel pump cannot be controlled the same way. Plus that my ecu cannot control fuel pump such way. So the only way for me is to modify the fuel line so it will have returning line also.

27 Posts
ST220 does NOT have controlled fuel pump. See ST schema.

There is a simple fuse (F27)+relay (K4) system, so pump has to be always on 100% of power.

I think there is a fuel pressure regulator, but it is in a tank.

(Duratec 2.0 I4 has exactly the same system = pressure regulator in a tank.)

Could someone confirmed this hypothesis, please ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.