Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know the standard or recommended front and rear track and camber settings for a 2003 ST220? I've recently had a "4 wheel adjustment" done on new tyres and after just a few weeks, i am getting fairly heavy "feathering" on the edges of the tyres. When it was being adjusted I had a look on the adjustment computer and it just said Mondeo. I questioned whether that was specifically the ST220 to be told a not too convincing "er....yeh". I've still got the printout and would like to compare that to what the settings should be and take it back if necessary. I've emailed Ford technical but they've emailed me back to tell me to ring their £1/min technical helpline, cheeky gits. Nice to know they appreciate you buying their product!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
the pic attached has all the information you need and yes its for 2003 st220

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More or less spot on, unfortunately! The rear didn't quite have enough toe in, but very close (2') and although i'm no expert, I doubt that would make much difference. I was surprised at the amount of tolerance permitted on the camber settings though, over 1 degree on both! I don't know if that is just Ford covering their arses over poor manufacturing or what, but it seems a lot. To be honest, over the last week or so, the car has started to feel a lot more "planted" where as before when the tyres first went on, it felt a bit up on tip toes and light through the steering. Maybe the tyres are just bedding in a bit so i'll keep my eyes on the wear. The other thing I thought is that nearly all of the time i run the car loaded up with kids, car seats, prams etc, and I do try to compensate by running the pressures a little bit higher but wondered how much the hefty weight affects your set up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.