Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Megger
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

not sure if this has been asked before but I can't find anything in the search.

I have a Mk2 with a standard exhaust and back box at the moment. I have fitted a ST24 rear bumper, is it possible for me to fit a ST24 back box to my existing exhaust system. The reason that I want to do this is because the old back box have the curve on the tail pipe which is pointing down onto the bumper.

Thanks in advance for any help, and hope you all have a great new year.

Thanks

Graham

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
i know what you mean mate , the exhast should still exit at the same point on the mondeo V6 and 24 , i dont know if the st24 banks round from pas to driver side or if its stright though , i will hunt fpr pics to see if that helps.

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
from what i can find the st24 exhast looks like below

well if you have the ghia/x etc , the back box on the exit of the exhast has a pipe that runs to the other side of the bumper with another box then to the center box etc , the pic of the ST24one just comes from the back box stright to the center box , you might be ablke to remove the back box and the other box on the other side of the bumper and just fix the rear st24 box stright on :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
only the after market V6/ST24 exhaust go straight though like that. I had a OEM ST24 exhaust on my Ghia X and they had the two rear boxes same as the OEM Ghia X exhaust. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.