Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to remove the lower bar on my st24 i think to reveal more mesh and make it look slightly different....
anyone got any horror stories?does it weaken the structure etc???
thanks guys.
:L

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
when you start to remove anything its going to make the bumper more flexiable, seen a few bumpers with this mod, not really my cup of tea to be honest

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ive seen many st bumpers with the middle bar sagging or a rough wavy shape its nice but not very strong but its better to keep it and secure it to the mesh in several places so it dosent sag.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,332 Posts
I did this on my standard bumpers, no problems and just as strong!

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
i plan on removing the bar myself.

I believe a quick paint match and some filler normally does the trick.

looks good imo and serves a purpose for my FMIC

jcth1

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bumper bar isnt sagging or anything its just that i'd like to remove it for aesthetics, and since i was going to re-spray my bumper anyway cos of stonechips then this is the perfect oppertunity to do it!
i thought quite a few peeps did this mod???has anyone got any pics to remind me of its looks???thanks :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
no, very few people have done it most dont like the look of it removed.

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
compare the mod on the mk2 standard bumper, to the st there is a lot more mesh space if the center bar was taken out, dus this could cause more vaibration leading to possible cracking

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
was thinking of doing this myself and moving the numberplate down into the mesh. then filling the recess for the plate. but am having second thoughts right now. allot of work plus i dont have the spare bumper i was going to use.

Dan :L

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.