Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Brighton 'til i die!!
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kinda mileage r you people getting on your st24's?

i'm got approx 120 miles outta the first 20 squid i put in with mixed driving, and mines got an induction kit, full exhaust and re-mapped..... :L

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
I have a K&N panel filter, ST200 TB, port matched UIM and Blueflame ST200 exhaust. I get 350-450 miles per tank depending on how the car is driven.
On long runs I can get 40+mpg if I drive carefully, but normally average around 32-34. In town it'll do 20-25 and if I floor it the trip comp drops to 7mpg! :D

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
i average 20-25 too around town, long runs i can get upto 31-33mpg { and thats with aircon on or off, doesnt seem to matter much once shes nicely wound up } and the lowest ive had when booted was 5mpg lol

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Just ST24's then,or can us Ghiax owners join in.. :nunu: :gayfight:

I'll tell you anyway... ;.....Urban 25/27....Mixed 34/37 and usually get somewhere between 350/400 from a tank full...Just got a ST200 airbox and K&N panal filter...

G

·
ST200 here and we get around 24-26 around town and around 32-34 on a run.

Ofcourse this drops if I drive it hard.

To put it into context I am currently driving a V8i Discovery and getting about 12 to the gallon!!!!!

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Mk1 2.5 Si here and all i know is i drive about 120 miles a week and need to fill the tank up every Friday, whether I boot it or drive Miss Daisy. Will try and find out mpg but without a trip it is hard to do.

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Kerry you are lucky. I think i get between 45 and 55 to £20

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
somethin up there Oil id say. even if i drove my black one very very hard(its been done lol ) id still get about 60 miles to 20 quid.

get it serviced. oil and filter change can do wonders and change plugs/leads, clean the maf clean the secondaries etc. if its still that bad id get it on a diagnostics machine to test your lambdas etc.

·
Big Megger
290 Posts
If you got 350miles from £20 you'd be getting almost 70mpg. You either get your petrol very cheap or you've got a diesel st24.

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Waiting for Lee to get a new sump washer so he can do an oil change. Noticed a lot of white smoke coming from exhaust but just took it for condensation in the cold. Put my hand up to tailpipe and i had a very oily feel on my hand. Could that be something to do with it Kerry

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
Yes the oily feel could be that its running rich.(or burning oil!! , check it :L ) do it again and smell your hand (oi, be careful :} ) if it smells very sweet it could be using water and it could be a bigger problem.But they all smoke alot of white smoke in the winter, like you said, condensation especially if you do lots of short journeys.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
i get about 250 miles to a full tank when town driving 350-400 when on motorways

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Will try that. Thanks Kerry. How is Ray's old Mondy doing you then

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.