Ford Automobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Gonna order mine today, sold my other Eibach Springs yesterday!

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Very nice looking veh Andreas.

Does post number 9 in this thread help

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very nice looking veh Andreas.
Does post number 9 in this thread help
Yes i read that, but i like to see some lowered cars in side profile. I don't want an extremely low car, just want it to sit "perfect" like the Steeda....
I will use my old Jaguar wheels that i had on my mk4.5 8,5X20 and 9,5X20"

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk
ef24d9092549460d523d048a73a814cd.jpg

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well, "sit perfect" is open to contention, especially on the Focus ST site for example.
A low and "level" car may look perfect but it can, depending on original design, make the handling worse. Numerous vehs are designed to be lower at front than the rear. So maybe it is correct to lower front and rear equal amount to original ride heights.
Looks aren't everything!!

Reactions: chriscatt

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Andreas, the red car in the photo "looks" great but what is it really like fully laden with 5 people and full luggage.

Its ok having a veh like that if you only have few people in it and or light loads.

It all depends what peoples needs are on what is suitable.

However, back to handling, as per original spec, it is still lower at front than rear, just like your own veh is now, but you say yours only wants dropping at rear (this makes it "level" and puts it off original design)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes you are correct about looks are not everything, lower (and harder) springs normally works fine with lots of load in the car or on the tow hook. But it can cause rubbing if the wheels have wrong offset.
I will not lower it more in the rear than the front, some lowering springs for this car is 30 mm in front and 25 mm in rear. I like to have a 35 mm lowering both front and rear, that is 15mm more than i have today. Not much but i think it would be "perfekt" for the looks, best for the ride comfort is to keep the 16" wheels and stock springs.

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You should get about what you want by using Eibach springs as per info in Malfords earlier post(s)

Eibach also approved by Ford

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally my car got some Eibach springs, bought them from the local Ford dealer....

the front was extremley easy to fit, rear was a bit tricky,

BUT the car sits as it did before in the rear!?! Why? Can it be self leveling dampers? I can´t se Etis so i dont know for the moment, The rear dampers looks like normal dampers.

Read Malford´s measurments from wheel to fender 90mm front (19") will be around 77mm with 20" i have 76mm.

Rear 95mm (19") will be around 82mm with 20" i have 104mm.......

Part No : E10-35-030-05-22FO Seems correct to me? Car is a 150 hp diesel estate, and it had stock "sports suspension" before.

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
Hello.
My Mondeo is a 2.0 EcoBoost Estate with 19" factory alloys and I fitted the kit below:
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs Ford Mondeo V 2.0 10-35-030-05-22

I tried to upload a photo showing the current ride height but website restrictions will not permit any files above 1.59mb.

So my current height measured from wheel arch to rim is:
Front 80mm
Rear 95mm

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hi Mal, I hope I am not trying to tell you how to suck eggs!

Using PC, right click on your picture - "open" with Paint, when in paint, top left hand of page, click on resize, try a resize, then click on properties to see new file size, if not small enough open in paint and resize again until you get what you want

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
I have become lazy Trevor :)
I'm so used to using an iOS device for everything my PC hardly ever comes out.
Anyway, I did what you said and hopefully the images should be below. :L

Tire Automotive tire Light Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Photograph Bicycle tire

Attachments

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
How is tyre wear going Mal,is it even across the tyre or showing any sign of inner/outer wear.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi

I think I've posted this before, if pic is oversize I just add to an email. Mail will ask if you want to shrink file, I then resave and add this file to Talkford post.

Peter

Reactions: malford

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
How is tyre wear going Mal,is it even across the tyre or showing any sign of inner/outer wear.
I had the Eibachs fitted at 3k miles on the original Conti Sport 5 's and they were changed at 22k miles, covering 19k miles and just legal.
On the current set of Conti Sport 5's I'm approaching 38k miles and have covered 16k miles and both fronts showing 3mm tread.
No unusual wear or stepping on any of the tyres..

When I had the Eibachs fitted I had Hawkeye geometry done and some adjustments were made to the setup..

Reactions: KAZUYADOG

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
I had the Eibachs fitted at 3k miles on the original Conti Sport 5 's and they were changed at 22k miles, covering 19k miles and just legal.
On the current set of Conti Sport 5's I'm approaching 38k miles and have covered 16k miles and both fronts showing 3mm tread.
No unusual wear or stepping on any of the tyres..

When I had the Eibachs fitted I had Hawkeye geometry done and some adjustments were made to the setup..
Any chance you still have the print out of the Hawkeye geo setup,if you have could you post a pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
What about handling with sport suspension compared with standard one? I had a MK3 with sport suspension and... I miss the handling of the old car.
I read somewhere that with sport suspension you will achieve better fuel economy. Can anyone confirm this?
Thank you

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
You read it somewhere!!!! I reckon you must have dreamt it:)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi

In theory lowering car will reduce frontal area to increase efficiency through the air, but any reduction in fuel usage would probably be unmeasurable.

Plus if you actually intend lowering your car the Eibach springs are probably the way to go, as shown by Mal above.

Peter

41 - 60 of 63 Posts