Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya , my starter motor is up the wall , it will spin 100% fine and fast but it wont kick out to engage the fly wheel , so i am going to replace it with a new one wensday ( when the shop will open up ) , thing is i want to ask is there any V6 people out there that has had to do this job , if so any tips or any thing as it looks a pain as any thing does on the V6 lol , i can do it 100% fine but as i have not done one on a v6 info is allways grate , thank you.

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on , fords cant be this reliable that no one has replaced a starter on a V6 :}

as said , any info would be spot on , thank you.

Ryan :)

HAVE A GOOD XMAS :D

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
shouldnt it be a doddle on any mtx 75 box'd ford?

From what i understand its a bolt on bolt off part??

certain cd would shed some light though.

jcth1

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o ya , most things are bolt on bolt off part , thats not a prob , the prob is its a V6 , so any work you do on one its a case of removing half the engine to do any thing :} , dont get me wrong doing it ant a prob , but if some one on here has done it and now any little tips etc it all helps , but i take it no one has :}

dont worrie about it i will remove it tomorrow and see whats the prob.

night all and have a good xmas :D

·
Petrol Lover - Price Hater
1,147 Posts
I've done it on mine and it was a right pain in the RS job to be honest. On the V6 it isn't underneath like it is on the other models it's on top of the gearbox. If youy take out the airbox it is staring at you underneath there. The biggest pain is getting the old one out and the new one in as it is a very tight fit. But hey if I can do it so can you :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Spud mate , thanks for the reply mate, i thought it would be a pain in the ass :} , i might have a look tomorrow if i can move my self away from the xbox 360 :}

will let you know how it goes mate :L

Ryan.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
I thought it would be quite easy, The V6 starter is on the top of the box, The 4 pot on is a pain because its on the back under the inlet

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
so if the starter motor spins but the solenoid isnt pushing out , you may get away with just sorting the solenoid , could just be a dodgy connection , just a thought that might save you a few pennies ;) :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
paulyoung666 said:
so if the starter motor spins but the solenoid isnt pushing out , you may get away with just sorting the solenoid , could just be a dodgy connection , just a thought that might save you a few pennies ;) :L
Hi Paul mate , i am going to remove it tomorrow (Friday) and have a look , its been fine ever since its just i dont want it to let me down , so i will remove it and have a better look , as said i will let you all know how it goes tomorrow :L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.