Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title above. My beloved focus tdci 2004 has developed this strange problem that it does not start on first strike in mornings and it has not been so cold something between 4 to 9 degrees Celsius in mornings. Any suggestion before I go to mechanic? It is only in mornings than all day starts ok. Some plug of some kind?
Any reply is apreciated

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Glow plugs. Let them warm up tqice and see if it starts any easier

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 99 range rover diesel and used to do that trick. Will try it. Its kind of unpleasant thought it would be a trouble less car. You think changing for new plugs will solve the problem?

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I had a 99 range rover diesel and used to do that trick. Will try it. Its kind of unpleasant thought it would be a trouble less car. You think changing for new plugs will solve the problem?
if it starts better after 2 glow plug pre-heats, then quite possibly. Try it for a few days, if its starting after 2 pre-heats a lot better, then its time to spend some money on glowplugs, if its not better, it may be something else.

do what you can, for as little money as possible first, before taking it to someone else and then have to spend lots...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try it for a couple of days. Just out of curiosity what else may it be? Starter? Alternator? Battery?
They seem fine for the moment.
If had to by new glow plugs what brand and type? Is it Ok for eBay shopping?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Help the starting in cold is still the same. Today started on third strike and only aftet I pressed the acelerator. I bought the car in june and it has been reliable so far but now it is becoming annoying. Any Idea or sugestion? I read a lot of threads about this issue and were quite scary as had changes of plugs, starter, battery, egr valve wtf?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update : changed the glow plugs, all 4 old ones were dead. It turned on very well but will see what hapens in days to come. The light on dash board stays on just for 2 sec but my mechanic checked and the glow plugs were heating up for 10 sec despite light was off. Anyone any idea why ligjt is off so quickly?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update : changed the glow plugs, all 4 old ones were dead. It turned on very well but will see what hapens in days to come. The light on dash board stays on just for 2 sec but my mechanic checked and the glow plugs were heating up for 10 sec despite light was off. Anyone any idea why ligjt is off so quickly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.