Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I had this problem, it affected the cruise controls for me too. It started off as being very intermittent then became more frequent before I finally lost all the button functions on the steering wheel.

There is a tiny surface mount fuse resistor rated at zero ohms that goes either dry joint or just open circuit. Its behind the right hand side indicator stalk, you need to remove the stalk and then solder either a new resistor or alternatively just solder a bit of wire across it like I did - I've got a pdf with the details somewhere created by a kind poster on here. Alternatively there is a long thread on here somewhere that describes the fix.

The resistor was deleted on later models by Ford, presumably because they found it was causing the problem!

Don't bother taking all the switches apart, its a complete waste of time, perhaps just give them a blow with an airline to clean out 10+ years of dust but they are NOT the problem.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's great thanks very much, I did try and search but I have obviously been using the wrong terminology ????????‍♂

If you could either point me at the resistor or the thread I would be grateful.

Thank you ????

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a tiny surface mount fuse resistor rated at zero ohms ....
The resistor was deleted on later models by Ford, presumably because they found it was causing the problem!
Hello, i have same problem, could you please send me the PDF or any usefull information about where is the resistor ?

Thank you

·
Registered
199 Posts
Before you go diving in to replace a resistor that may not be the problem, first give a thought to giving the terminals in the buttons a clean.
They're relatively easy to get at and deifintely worth tackling.
I was having some issues with my cruise control that were completely resolved by giving all the contacts a good clean

21 - 26 of 26 Posts