Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed tonight that the front section (where the air bag is) on my steering wheel is quite loose on one side. I can pull anywhere on the red areas towards me and it shifts about 1cm toward. If I pull the other side it's securely fastened. Is this normal? If not, what is loose and needs tightening? ta!

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
There is a torx screw on the back of the wheel at each side, maybe one is loose?

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that, but it doesn't seem to be a screw. It's kinda like a drill end, you know, the 3 pronged bit where you put the drill bit in then tighten. I think on closer examination that a plastic clip has broken inside. :( Thanks anyway.

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where? And they might have a LTD edition wheel you think?

·
Registered
818 Posts
STICKS is what its called, if you head out to marston mortain, go straight over the roundabout the little chef will be on your right, go to the top of the hill sign-posted WOODEND. straight down the country road bout mile an a half, you will see a garage,theres a lane that goes up the side of it - at the top is sticks.

he only does mondys on one side and vauxhalls on the other. not sure if he has a LTD thou :L

number is 766354

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
there are 3 holes either side of the wheel its the middle ones you want and a t30 torx bit to undo then can be fiddly but once you get in they come out easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts