Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have recently purchased a 2008 Mondeo TDCI with 44000 miles on it. Within a few weeks 'the' loud whine began. It had the power steering pump, reservoir and steering rack replaced under warranty thankfully. However, since then the steering won't self centre. If I turn left or right the steering wheel just stays there and I have to put it back to centre myself. I am a wheel feeder ordinarily but now find I am putting loads of effort into steering. Even minor adjustments on motorways are an issue as I am constantly having to adjust back to centre. The steering seems really sensitive too. Just a tiny adjustment seems to cause an over steer.
It went back to the garage who reckoned their was an air bubble in the system. Seemed a little better on its return but by the next day, the same issue.
Any ideas please folks?

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,529 Posts
On the understanding the tracking has been done correctly i would say the st rack is faulty. Is it a genuine Ford new one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know for sure but would guess not as it was done under warranty by a non Ford dealer. I will go back to them I think...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts