Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me how to removed the Stop/Start Button inside mk5 mondeo Vignale 2019 model,
without causing any damage to anything, and what colour wires do it need to jump across to keep the Stop/Start button off to eliminate having to turn of manually each time the vehicle is started,
thanks in advance.

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,670 Posts
You can't do it like that and nothing in the veh menu to turn it of permanently either.
You need Forscan to disable it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, But i cant see why this is not possible, surely just by jumping from one cable to another all your doing is by passing the switch, the same as for example if you were to remove an indoor light switch and connect the two cables together then you would have a permanent power supply to the light its suppling and light would be continuously on with no way to turn off other than removing the fuse.

·
8 gears or more please
5,670 Posts
Vig, if it could be done the way you think that's how many would do it.
As said you need Forscan to amend/change the systems allogarithm.
The stop/start button is not a "switch"

Reactions: Grumpyaxeswinger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks i was thinking it was a switch, please could you tell me whereabouts i could find out about getting it done by this forscan as your stating ( as ive not got a clue about this as my knowledge about this stuff i could write on a postage stamp )
in other words i just havent got a clue with this compooter stuff sorry.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hi

As Stop / Start is to reduce emissions. Any permanent disruption of system may in future be treated similar to removing EGR / DPF, effectively a future MOT fail.

I find it very easy to touch button after selecting drive as I exit drive. This is because junction at end of road has poor visibility to right hand side and I don’t need system stopping engine just as I go to move. I have found this is only problem with Stop / Start system, if engine stops there is quit a delay if you need to make a quick exit to blend into oncoming traffic.

Peter

·
8 gears or more please
5,670 Posts
Yes, I don't find it a problem whatsoever on the card I've had or my current one.
As soon as I start the car at any time I just hit the stop start button and that's it, 2 second job

Reactions: stonekeeper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didnt realise its an mot issue if its not working, and i assume its not a quick sort of plug in something to stop it from working, ( or once its disabled to plug in again whatever to enable it once again to get thought an mot test ) so i suppose like i said having no experience of compooter programming it wouldnt be simple enough for me to carry out on my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts