Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my motor is laying up, basically with everything connected i get approx 60 miles to a tenner.

0-60 Is about 15 seconds and theres flat spots no end and the exhaust gives a slight pop.

With the MAF Disconnected the car runs like a dream and i still get 60 miles to a tenner.

Whats the best way to start sorting this out, the car is serviced every 6k miles and spark plugs were done bout 30k ago with ngk platinum ones :confused:

I blamed the MAF But im thinking i cud be wrong now :(

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
are you booting it about now you have disconected the maf? cos i remmember you saying how much better it pulls. but i can remember someone saying that the fuel consuption will be crap with it unplugged. id start by getting a new one and see what happenes cos you already know yours is no good.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
This isn't really my area of expertise, but I'm not sure we can establish that the MAF is faulty. All we know is that when it is disconnected, the car runs differently. Disconnecting the MAF prevents the ECU from operating in closed loop and forces the use of default values for fueling. All we know for certain is that when the ECU is trying to adjust fueling using closed loop it get things wrong.
You should in theory get the same result if you disconnect the Lamda and run the car.

It certainly COULD be the MAF, but it could also be a duff lamda, duff ECU, duff wiring or a poor connector. I haven't seen a cracked/leaking manifold doing this, but I can follow the logic of why it might produce these symptoms.

A full Fraud diagnostic should help to highlight the issue. Reading the fault codes only on a generic machine is less helpful as it will only show what is stored since the last reset

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.