Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Streaming Music over Bluetooth.

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  almond 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a bit of assistance with retro fitting my 2009 Mondeo Titanium X so I can stream music over bluetooth.
I currently have the Sony 6 stack DAB.
I don't know what module I have yet (I'll be able to provide this later).
From reading the other forum posts it looks like I will probably need a new one.
I've been looking at :

8M5T-19C112-AR (or any one above AM).

The main question I have; I have seen a few people saying that if they go to AUX on their Convers+ it shows bluetooth but as a greyed out option.
I dont have this at all. If Click AUX it says Line-In. There are no other options. If i click line-in it plays from the AUX in port.

If i were to buy a new bluetooth module, would I need to get anything else done?
or will the Convers+ just update with the bluetooth option when the new module is installed?

Thanks,
S

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think you need to check which Bluetooth module you have fitted first, The module you have listed is actually the Voice/Bluetooth/USB module which is a direct replacement for the 8M5T-19G488-XX Voice/Bluetooth module, which for me was a plug and play change, this gives USB card mp3 use and in my opinion makes phone music streaming completely redundant,

From what you are saying it would appear that you do not already have Bluetooth otherwise it would show on converse, check etis to see what the car was originally supplied with.

Add again: also note you have an earlier version of converse than 1007 i.e. without the jog symbol for flipping thru mpg, miles to empty, avge speed, etc from steering wheel so this may cause problems although believe updateable

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think you need to check which Bluetooth module you have fitted first, The module you have listed is actually the Voice/Bluetooth/USB module which is a direct replacement for the 8M5T-19G488-XX Voice/Bluetooth module, which for me was a plug and play change, this gives USB card mp3 use and in my opinion makes phone music streaming completely redundant,

From what you are saying it would appear that you do not already have Bluetooth otherwise it would show on converse, check etis to see what the car was originally supplied with.

Add again: also note you have an earlier version of converse than 1007 i.e. without the jog symbol for flipping thru mpg, miles to empty, avge speed, etc from steering wheel so this may cause problems although believe updateable
Thanks for the reply.

I currently have bluetooth (voice commands and calls work fine, just no audio streaming). ETIS only mentions "BT/VC Phone Interface Only".
I'll need to set aside time to check what module I currently have.
I agree with you on the USB, If I could get USB working then I would have no need for the BTStreaming.
Sorry, when the image was taken the car was on battery only. I can flip through MPG, Avg MPG, Avg Speed etc.

Before you replaced your old bluetooth module, did you ever notice if you have Bluetooth as an option in your Aux menu on the Convers? or did this pop up once you fitted the replacement module?

Thanks again for the reply.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I mentioned the scrolling because I did not see the squiggle on the display, I did previously have the Bluetooth on display because I just upgraded BT/Voice to BT/Voice/USB and both versions were AP but cant remember whether original had streaming or not

I did find that when using my phone satnav I could only get voice instructions thru radio if streaming music from phone but now dished that and use phone speaker.

#8 ·
That is the Non USB standard Bluetooth/Voice module, for usb you need the 8M5T-19C112-Ax series,

that one is a bit pricey for standard unit, I paid £60 + £5 post for a usb unit off fleabay.

I swapped my 8M5T-19G488-AP for a 8M5T-19C112-AP as a straight swap with no activation or elm reconfiguration, although some others report need to be activated, the only other items you need are a mini or micro( cant remember which) to usb socket, this can be a standard cheaapy lead and can just hang in glovebox, but in my case I made up a fixed socket in side of glovebox, no need to buy fords kit.

note the A in module code is English language and x is version, some seem to be selling foreign language versions and you need version N or later for streaming.

#9 ·
Just done quick search on Fleabay and it seems that the usb module is rather sparse, in fact couldn't find one in ten pages, so patience is probable needed, quite few on when I bought mine, another thing is that the same modules are used across ford range mine apparently came out a fiesta so just go by the numbers.

#10 ·
Just done quick search on Fleabay and it seems that the usb module is rather sparse, in fact couldn't find one in ten pages, so patience is probable needed, quite few on when I bought mine, another thing is that the same modules are used across ford range mine apparently came out a fiesta so just go by the numbers.
It seems there is a bluetooth Module on Ebay at the moment:

8M5T-19C112-AK
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Bluetooth-And-USB-Module-8M5T-19C112-AK-/121699264797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c55d7691d

Do you know if this will provide the A2DP & USB Functionality or just USB?

Cheers,

M

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's just USB without A2DP streaming, for A2dp you need version M or later,

A = Language and K is the Version (in the item you show)

you will need a micro (I think) to std usb socket lead, which can be standard lead or ford supply depending on how you terminate it, some just hang the socket in glovebox I encapsulayed a socket and fixed inside side of glovebox.

must admit that's cheap for usb module but would expect it to go up a lot nearer the end of auction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.