Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i have been looking around on the internet these days for a after market DRL set.

im after the big brand which can provide everything you need in the kit, and preferably with auto-dim function(optional parking light function) when the headlight is on.

so here are the products im looking on right now:

OSRAM LED [email protected]

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/automotive-lamps/automotive-cars/led-exterior-lighting/led-lightday/index.jsp

PHILIPS LED DAYLIGHT GUIDE

http://www.invisionsales.com/lighting/philips-drl/led-daylight-guide

PHILIPS LED 8 or 5(but 5 seems doesn't have that auto dim function)

http://www.invisionsales.com/lighting/philips-drl/drl-daylight-8

my are was a mk4 TDCI with no drl slots on the bumper

so the looking im after is more like this

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car

I know they will look probably very similar on the car.

but with their different designs, continuous LED line on daylight guide and osram one,

im really struggling on which one should i choose, the longer 8 or short with shape design......

anyone have any of those on their car? any advice?

also my car only have the simple halogen headlight.

to gain both best match and performance.

is the x-treme range from philips or night breaker range from osram is my best choice without any hid modification(which i know is illegal )

any other advice or alternative that i can do for my car

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ive got some from ebay but are rounded a bit for corner but they flash orange each side when indicating but mine stay on with headlights I cut the fog blanks to fit my mk3

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

Attachments

1,261 Posts
what did you do stand back and closed yer eyes and thrown them at it :tonofbricks: and hoped for the best lol because there not inpressing me lol :banana:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive got some from ebay but are rounded a bit for corner but they flash orange each side when indicating but mine stay on with headlights I cut the fog blanks to fit my mk3

Looks pretty cool. But I think for your car isn't that something like a led strip will be better for the curve?

Umm I'm just can't decide for my mk4. With eight dot or not. Ummmmm

Today Melbourne just rained like god got diarrhea. Really feel my light is not enough. Want hid so much. Sigh.....

·
Registered
704 Posts
Can you not drill from the back and poke some leds with rubber holders through the back if not you can buy your fogs with drls built into them

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you not drill from the back and poke some leds with rubber holders through the back if not you can buy your fogs with drls built into them

Those kits I post up there includes a light holder. Just simply screw the holder to the grill and push the light into the holder will do the job.

Just the style I'm struggling haha.

Those kits are really easy to install.

·
Registered
704 Posts
They look good I had some similar on another car but wanted a change on the mondeo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TalkFord.com mobile app

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They look good I had some similar on another car but wanted a change on the mondeo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TalkFord.com mobile app
umm tbh if i have the energy and the budget i will change the entire bumper to a mk4.5.....

but thinking of disconnect fog lights trim the bonnet....and also the great cost of a bumper in australia.....

i gave up.......

·
Registered
515 Posts
Have you thought about a decent led in your sidelights, like philips 6000k and wire them to run as DRL's wired live into your ignition!!! A few people on here have done that and they look good, check out compuwiz_uk another member on here, you may find his car of interest on what can be done, he definitely got me making a few mods on mine lol : )

Sent from my GT-I9300

·
Little Megger
129 Posts
hey guys

i have been looking around on the internet these days for a after market DRL set.

im after the big brand which can provide everything you need in the kit, and preferably with auto-dim function(optional parking light function) when the headlight is on.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/automotive-lamps/automotive-cars/led-exterior-lighting/led-lightday/index.jsp

attachicon.gif
DCAF2EEA-97A3-4CC2-82A2-4939C3D958CC.png

but with their different designs, continuous LED line on daylight guide and osram one,

im really struggling on which one should i choose, the longer 8 or short with shape design......

is the x-treme range from philips or night breaker range from osram is my best choice without any hid modification(which i know is illegal )

thanks
Well as you asked for any advice I'll give it and probably get shot down in flames - but hey:)

My advice is DON'T BOTHER. I've got these godawful things on my new Mondeo and I seriously hate them - makes you look like a Chav with a Saxo. Got I hate them. Leave them to the bling merchants with their Phat exhausts and Lexus rear lights - because in the taste stakes, that's about where DRLs belong. Especially aftermarket ones. God I hate them. Did I say that already?:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey guys

attachicon.gif
DCAF2EEA-97A3-4CC2-82A2-4939C3D958CC.png

thanks
Well as you asked for any advice I'll give it and probably get shot down in flames - but hey:)

My advice is DON'T BOTHER. I've got these godawful things on my new Mondeo and I seriously hate them - makes you look like a Chav with a Saxo. Got I hate them. Leave them to the bling merchants with their Phat exhausts and Lexus rear lights - because in the taste stakes, that's about where DRLs belong. Especially aftermarket ones. God I hate them. Did I say that already? :)
hahah i understand.

I get the point that the original is the best...

umm but consider im gonna drive my car to its grave...

really want to make it keep up with the new techs.......

- - you may hate it in the guts if i get some angel eye drl all in one assembly like this haha

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you thought about a decent led in your sidelights, like philips 6000k and wire them to run as DRL's wired live into your ignition!!! A few people on here have done that and they look good, check out compuwiz_uk another member on here, you may find his car of interest on what can be done, he definitely got me making a few mods on mine lol : )

Sent from my GT-I9300
to be honest .

too much work for me....

im not really good at electric, wiring stuff.....give me plug and play or little modification i can handle..

if more im afraid i may damage it.....

the assembly i post above is one of my potential choice now...

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
U could always program the dipped beam to operate as a DRL when the lights are off. U just need a modified elm327 and download elmconfig.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts