Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my car had the Inner and Outer CV Joints as well as the half shafts replaced as well as the passenger side wishbone with ball joint already on it all replaced my car started a very nasty knocking over bumps where it feels like something is hitting the car!

After lots of playing around underneath the car, I found that my drop links on both sides have quite a bit of play in them where I can move the side to side! And after replacing the wishbone and ball joint on the other side I decided to buy both front drop links and a drivers side wishbone with ball joint which I believe are partly to blame, however after reading a lot of posts about suspension knocking on here I came to the conclusion that my Strut Mount bearings are probably knackered too. My car has done 211k Miles and had mostly 2nd hand parts on the suspension on the front.

So firstly is it worth me replacing them.
And Secondly is their any such thing as a Poly upgrade bush for this? If so I would be interested.

I am planning on changing the rest of the parts at some point this week coming.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

·
1,211 Posts
If you are doing all that work on the front suspension you might as well get the poly bushes while you are at it,

You get them for the subframe as well, im not shure exactly what is available bit you could probablo do a search on the 'bay to find out

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the help. I have only got to buy the top mount bushes as everything else apart from the shock and spring will be replaced. And I am now out of money. So essential repairs only, I am even having to hold back on the mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts