Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Thats not too bad of a price. If you planning on having any 6x9s on the parcel shelf however, you may wish to have a 4 channel amp so that you can bridge 2 for the sub and use one for each 6x9.

If your more than happy with the speakers in the door cards, then this setup would allow you to have some Mighty Fine bass from the boot.

After having a Sub and Amp in the boot of my last car, I am tempted to stay away from the Boot Setups and concentrate on under-seat setups. Although the cost is a little higher for the under-seat, you won't lose any space in the boot.

But thats not a bad deal. BassJunkies.co.uk can't beat it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
Anything with a line out or headphone socket can go into the amp, it's just that the sound will only come out of anything connected to the amp which is fine if you are putting 6x9s on it but if you are connecting a sub only, then it won't be any good.

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
You've lost me now mate?Anything with a line out or headfone socket can go in the amp. The sub will be coming out of the amp. If you put a sound source into the amp and its only running a sub, all you will get is low end bassline.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Mark1984 said:
so if i just plug a sub in the amp it wont be very good?????
Amp plugs into the Stereo and also gets the power fed from the battery. The Sub also plugs into the AMP.

It is all dependant on what kind of sound your going for. If you want Bass, then the Amp & Sub will do what you want.

Many People run speakers and a Sub through their AMP. They can then set the system up how they want it to run by bridging the connections to pump more or less power into a specific component.

My last install had a 4-Channel Amp. 2 Channels went to the Sub and one each to the rear speakers. I then tweaked the dials on the Amp to give me the gains that i wanted from each of the components and i was good to go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.