Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying a subwoofer but i havent got enuf space in my mk2 Mondy as we keep the babys pram in there etc.

could anyone reccomend a good bass tube? im just thinking about savin space...?

Please help? I need more BASS!!!??

·
Registered
105 Posts
How much space are you prepared to sacrifice?

Do you want the sort of bass that "kicks", or the sort of bass that "drops"?

Possible suggestions are under-seat mountings, rear door mountings, or even pods of some description.

B

·
Big Megger
238 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm not big on active subs like that. I don't think they give the flexibility of a dedicated driver.

Persinally - depending on cost - I'd scour eBay for a subwoofer called a Phase Linear Aliante. These are VERY shallow subs that work extremely well in small sealed enclosures - one of these will slide underneath the seat without too many problems, and will give a much better response than an active sub. The only downside is that you need a seperate amplifier.

B

·
MEG Sergeant
1,145 Posts
To add to the case for the aliante, I fitted one in a focus a couple of weeks ago and sounded great. I didnt know what to expect from it but it drops really low, not the loudest thing ever but very controlled and they work best in very small enclosures ie half a cubic foot.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,145 Posts
nathplummer said:
What did you fit that sounded great? :L
Like I said an aliante. It was a 10. Theyre designed to run posted rather than sealed but can be run sealed as most people do. The one I fitted, Id designed a passive radiator box with two of the passives in. Looked quite mad :D

·
ACDC
10,587 Posts
nathplummer said:
Im thinking about buying a subwoofer but i havent got enuf space in my mk2 Mondy as we keep the babys pram in there etc.

could anyone reccomend a good bass tube? im just thinking about savin space...?

Please help? I need more BASS!!!??
this fits between the wheel arch and rear lights and is easily removed, not cheap though !

http://www.autoacoustics.com/sbn-fm92h.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts