Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thought I should share this since results of changing internal parts in common rail injectors are few or none on the forum.

The car that I have been operating on was bought as a non-starter. Problem was diagnosed too high leak off by performing the test described in the wiki. It was fixed by changing control valves that I bought new for $34 each. When fitted it fired up, leak-back was close to zero and fuel consumption is great. A second problem was soon discovered; misfiring and rattling from the engine area. I drove the car with these problems for 2 months and it got alot worse by time. Problem was fixed by new nozzles. I paid $13 each and afterwards engine runs nice and quiet, much like a gasoline engine really.

Injectors was recoded with the original code using FORScan. The application is free and works using a $20 ELM 327 device.

These are the parts that I bought and both sellers are great to deal with.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/L096PBD-Delphi-nozzle_60065247485.html

http://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-delphi-injector-control-valve/123852766.html

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Great you got a good result!

·
Little Megger
4,563 Posts
I wanted to strip down an old 101Z injector and couldn't even undo it- far too tight even clamped in a vice...are they normally fairly easy to unscrew?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I have no personal experience but Delphi say you have to scribe a strain-relieving groove round the bit that unscrews... and throw it away once you've got it off... and I think there might be mention of glue during reassembly.

But the Delphi disassembly holder just fits in a vice and plenty of members seem to have got them apart ok...

·
Super Moderator
30,342 Posts
I used a spanner on a spanner to get more length and leverage.

Yes they are very tight.

·
Not so Little Megger anymore
429 Posts
What about 504Z injectors? Could they be rebuild this way or nozzles and valves are quite different so they couldn't?

·
Not so Little Megger anymore
429 Posts
Peter you're the Man!

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thought I should share this since results of changing internal parts in common rail injectors are few or none on the forum.

The car that I have been operating on was bought as a non-starter. Problem was diagnosed too high leak off by performing the test described in the wiki. It was fixed by changing control valves that I bought new for $34 each. When fitted it fired up, leak-back was close to zero and fuel consumption is great. A second problem was soon discovered; misfiring and rattling from the engine area. I drove the car with these problems for 2 months and it got alot worse by time. Problem was fixed by new nozzles. I paid $13 each and afterwards engine runs nice and quiet, much like a gasoline engine really.

Injectors was recoded with the original code using FORScan. The application is free and works using a $20 ELM 327 device.

These are the parts that I bought and both sellers are great to deal with.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/L096PBD-Delphi-nozzle_60065247485.html

http://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-delphi-injector-control-valve/123852766.html
That sounds interesting. Can u offer some screen shot or instruction on how to achieve this

·
Mk3 Expert
45 Posts
Yes, different control valve and nozzle/needle.

For 504z injectors you need:

Control valve

9308-618B

Nozzle/needle

L135PBD

Peter
Hello Peter, my friend has changed control valves in 504z injector with 621c, his original valves were 618c, it's euro4 2.0TDCi 115hp Mondeo Mk3.. This 621c valve seems universal for lot of injectors http://www.commonraildiesels.com/product_info.php/new-delphi-diesel-injector-control-valve-9308-621c-p-1753

"Alternate part numbers for 9308-621C are: - 9308-618B, 9308-618C, 28239294, 28440421"

Mine is also euro 4 but with 130hp (125) and it's stated that i need 618B, can i also go with 621c or buy that original 618B, can you please comment on this subject..

·
Little Megger
4,563 Posts
Yes, but beware of using cheap Chinese parts-they're a bit hit and miss, apparently. Try and get genuine Delphi parts- bit more expensive but worth it in the long run.

·
Mk3 Expert
45 Posts
I risked and bought "universal" 621c valve for my euro4 504z injectors, it's original Delphi part.. Nozzles was like new, no metal particles in injector, all four valves was changed without calibration afterwards, engine running smooth, no hint of a smoke, maybe with calibration will be 100% but it's not less than 90% now soo it works, at least in my case..

Leak test before, 20sec on idle, excessive and uneven..

WP_20160407_08_44_28_Pro_LI.jpg

Leak off after, few minutes on idle..
WP_20160413_13_47_11_Pro.jpg WP_20160413_13_46_12_Pro.jpg WP_20160413_00_20_34_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Great that you got a good result :)

If the control valves are good, you should get low leakoff (as you have :) ). Sounds like you've been a bit lucky too and the old c2i's were close enough for the pcm to cope.

Keep us uptodate with how it goes in the future. I bet it's a much nicer/more economical car to drive now than before!

·
Click4 - What will you Click4 today?
1,481 Posts
What equipment did you use to generate new injector codes after rebuilding them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mk3 Expert
45 Posts
They are running on old codes..

@oldbod

Interesting there was problem only during hard acceleration in higher gears and low rpm, idle was little rough only on cold engine, consumption was normal like before and there was very little smoke, it was drivable until the last couple hundreds of miles when ignition problem occurred and limp mode kicks in on daily basis..

With new valves consumption is unchanged and normal, idle stable, no smoke even on hard acceleration, pretty quickly accelerated to 110 mph other, no room for more and no limp :).. New car..

Reactions: nicam49

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
:)
:)

·
Megger
2,465 Posts
Let me get this clear. You bought a set of control valves and nozzles, stripped down your injectors and rebuilt with these new parts, fitted to the car and running them with the original codes?

Is this what the injector recon guys do? If so, the difference is that the recon guys hopefully supply new codes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts