1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
doesnt sound supercharged, wheres the loud whine :D

·
ACDC
10,587 Posts
the vortec sc is a centrifugal type as opposed to the rotor type (jackson racing, powerworks etc), its the rotors that give the whine.

i like the bit at the end of the first paragraph...."have had no major issues or failures with the kit (yet) " doesnt sound to hopeful does he.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
DC said:
the vortec sc is a centrifugal type as opposed to the rotor type (jackson racing, powerworks etc), its the rotors that give the whine.

i like the bit at the end of the first paragraph...."have had no major issues or failures with the kit (yet) " doesnt sound to hopeful does he.
yeah also read the same thing and it also concerned me, but they did say that theyve redone it so it might have been tested before it was put out this time?? What if it does mess up your car, do u have like a warrenty on these things?? Might be cheaper to buy something like an old scooby or impreza?? :stupid:

·
ACDC
10,587 Posts
i cant see one listed for the v6 on the vortec website, i think it was withdrawn due to reliabilty issues.
now if you have a four pot then there are several choices :D

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
[quote name=mondy maniac]
Might be cheaper to buy something like an old scooby or impreza?
lmao, an impreza is a scooby!!! :gayfight: [/quote]

sorry guys, my bad, must have not been awake enough to realise what i wrote, meant an old evo or impreza :stupid:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guy's - just thought I would come back for a quick look -- I have a supercharger on my V6 and what a tool it is - instant acceleration -smooth and it whines -great - coming back today up M54 -pressed hold button at 80 and that changes it down to third (auto box) and a bit of throttle and straight up to 110 - I can reccommend one - one thing though it's not on a mondeo but on a Mazda Xedos9 miller - so much better than my old mondy but there again I did have a dog - do miss the windows based diagnostics though

Dave

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
DC said:
i cant see one listed for the v6 on the vortec website, i think it was withdrawn due to reliabilty issues.
now if you have a four pot then there are several choices :D
If you want a supercharger for a V6 you could do what I did and get a Procharger for the car. It might be difficult to get the parts for the car, but it's a hell of a lot easier - and a damn site cheaper - if you don't restrict yourself to only buying parts for the car in the UK!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.