Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

As ive nearly finished the bodywork and interior on my mk1 mondeo, im looking to modify the engine. Does anyone know where the best place is to get information on engine mods for the mondeo (especially superchips is possible please).

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Danny

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
It would help if you told us what engine you had!

·
MEG Admiral
2,934 Posts
Assuming that your Mondeo is a standard 4 cylinder petrol model (ie engine sizes 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0), I have put some info in the Mondeo Workshop - click on the 'Links' button at the top of the page, go to the Mondeo Workshop and look in the Electrical section.

Or use a direct link...

http://www.fordmondeo.org/workshop/pmwiki.php?n=Electrical.Superchip-Fitting

It doesn't list performance gains (although Superchip reckon on a 10bhp increase). Other simple things you can do - fit an air induction kit, stainless steel exhausts, fast road cams, etc. It's all in the relevant Technical forums on the site :L

·
MEG Admiral
2,554 Posts
And tell your insurance company :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,145 Posts
I wouldnt get a superchip. The maps they use arent upto much at all on an engine that is anything but standard.

Look for a dasktek unichip instead.

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
i have to disagree mate, they done a good job on my car as i was on a budget i got a custom chip done from them and got 9bhp out of it and the car was much more drivable not to mention the better mpg i got, and my car is far from standard eg ive had cams, sports cat, fuel reg etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts