Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone find a cure to this problem. I’m having the same issue and I’ve change the solenoids as well.
I do have a little continuous hiss from the brake servo. Does a slight vacuum leak in the servo have a connection?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, the mechanic told me it would be from the turbine sensor, mine also emits black smoke when I give it the sole, on Monday I go to change the sensor, I will let you know if it is from this problem .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem, the mechanic told me it would be from the turbine sensor, mine also emits black smoke when I give it the sole, on Monday I go to change the sensor, I will let you know if it is from this problem .
Please let me know. It would be very helpful.
Do you get a hiss from the brake booster behind the pedals? Apparently this is a common problem and nobody fancies changing the servo. The brakes will still work but im concerned this is affecting the operation of the turbo actuator

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine also has done this in the past. Sometimes when it's done it the engine light has come on and the fault is to do with air intake sensor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Black smoke indicates an inefficient burn. Basically, not all the fuel is being burned, so not enough air getting to combustion chamber. This could be for a variety of reasons.
I see that some are mentioning a hissing sound.
Check your intercooler hoses. Basically you need to check all the air hoses from the turbo to the Intercooler and from the Intercooler to the engine intake. You likely have a split in one of them, which will be leaking boost and therefore depriving the engine of some of the air it needs.
You will also likely get an underboost code set. There are no turbine sensors on the turbo. The PCM detects underboost by way of the MAF sensor.

I had a hose burst under acceleration a while ago. I actually heard it pop. Had black smoke from then on until I replaced it - which I did with an uprated silicone item

·
Registered
3 Posts
The surging was linked to to instrument cluster.
I was was getting EML engine Malfunction Service Transmission ect on motorway runs when warm.
I found half a dozen dry joints on the main plug pins. Soldered them up and went for a test drive. This was a long shot but it worked.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts