Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mondeo has started making a clunking noise sometimes when cornering or driving over uneven surfaces. I reckon a ball joint has given up the ghost. I must admit that I haven't even looked to see what's going on down there (this is my first Ford), but I assuming that I’ll need to replace the lower suspension wishbone arm? Is this assumption correct?

Also, there's plenty listed on ebay but they seem very cheap (£15ish!) compared to what I am used to (VW). Are they really that cheap or am I looking at tat?

Thanks for the advice.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
wishbones are the usual suspect , but it could be a ball joint , best bet is to jack it up and have a look , if it is a wishbone then my personal preference is for ford parts , no doubt someone will come along and say different now :whistling: :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
i would say the same as Paul , mondeos do eat the front wish bone rubbers , check them make sure they are ok , all so check your front and rear anti roll bar links , i just replaced mine about 30 mins ago as mine were shot to hell , all so as Paul says check the lower ball joint as if they get dry they will wear , and you will get a ' free spot ' where the ball joint will go slack in a certain poisson which could casue the clonk , all so check to see that your gators on the cv joints are fine :L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.