Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Megger
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, had my mondeo a few months now and its always had this niggle... front left wheel area, im assuming its suspension somewhere, produces a loud click when turning right, but ONLY after a reverse ! I reverse out of my drive (right hand down) then pull away and at the first right turn CLICK ! This only happens ONCE per journey unless I reverse again !
I have had a look at the wishbone and other components but see nothing obvious.. the car recently went through an MOT like this, but its turned into a quest now !
Steering wheel is slightly offset to the left, and the car drifts a little to the left too - but theres no obvious odd tyre wear.
Please can you shed any light ?
Thanks

·
TDDI Buff
35,213 Posts
i had this problem it was the track rod i only discovered this because the track rod end was stuck to it when iwent to get it tracked once there was no sign of any play or anything otherwise and id already replaced just about everything behind the wheels so to speak, obviously got a new track rod and rod end and retracked then it wasnt there any more.

·
Megger
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you KNOW it was the TRE in the end ? Or was it just the last thing you replaced ? Cant really afford to replace things "just in case" but the TRE was my first thought... cant understand why Mr MOT didnt spot it though :(

·
TDDI Buff
35,213 Posts
Formonjo said:
Did you KNOW it was the TRE in the end ? Or was it just the last thing you replaced ? Cant really afford to replace things "just in case" but the TRE was my first thought... cant understand why Mr MOT didnt spot it though :(
it was the only thing that was left to replace really i left it so long doing the noise i thought id just leave it as the car was driving ok and i didnt want to think it was the steering rack, it was only £8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.