Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else on here but I have looked but can't find anything.

Does anyone know the standard ride height of a mk4 mondeo zetec, it feels firm and looks a bit lower than some of the others I have seen.

Thanks in advance.

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else on here but I have looked but can't find anything.

Does anyone know the standard ride height of a mk4 mondeo zetec, it feels firm and looks a bit lower than some of the others I have seen.

Thanks in advance.
The sports suspension (which mine has) is 68cm from the floor to the top of the wheel arch. Standard suspension is 30mm higher. So in theory it should be 71cm.

Have you looked on ETIS to see if yours does have sports suspension.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
The sports suspension (which mine has) is 68cm from the floor to the top of the wheel arch. Standard suspension is 30mm higher. So in theory it should be 71cm.

Have you looked on ETIS to see if yours does have sports suspension.?
First of all thanks for the quick reply,

when you say 'top of the wheel arch' do you mean on the outside or inside?

sorry for asking questions that probably seem stupid.

I have just measured it and

If it is the outside it is alot less but if it is the inside then it will be near enough 70cm

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
The way i measured it was to run a measure up from the floor on the outside of the wheel so it passes up through the centre of the tyre (the Ford logo) and then across the gap from where the tyre finishes and the wheelarch (metal)starts.

Mine is 68cm from the floor to when it first hits metal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, going by that then from floor to where the metal first starts once the tyre finishes it is 64cm. However the car is on a ever so slight slant if that has an affect on it.

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
64!!, that's low, i'll check the rear tomorrow and see what that is for a comparision.

I presume you've checked both sides and they are the same?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just gone out and measured all sides again and I am getting slightly differenent readings on the front but the rears are the same.

Bit concerened by this as I thought they should all be the same. Or at lest the fronts should be the same and rears should be the same.

I will try again tomorrow as the car be on a completely flat surface.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are still reading this topic, I have measured it again today as It was on a completely flat road. And both the rears are 66cm and both the fronts are 64cm

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Just measured mine, also a Zetec with sports suspension. I get 67mm front and 65mm rear. There's no spare in the back at the moment, the space saver has a slow puncture so I'm getting it replaced.

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
Just measured mine, also a Zetec with sports suspension. I get 67mm front and 65mm rear. There's no spare in the back at the moment, the space saver has a slow puncture so I'm getting it replaced.

That's low, how can you drive it with the wheelarches virtually on the floor? :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would this be a normal amount to lower this car by? I know some use eibachs (I think) how could you tell if these have been used?

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
Ben,

it does seem very low that. I'll check mine in the morning, (didn't get chance today).

Did you check ETIS to see what suspension you have?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ben,
it does seem very low that. I'll check mine in the morning, (didn't get chance today).

Thanks,
And yeah a document came with the car and it was called ford ETIS but that said standard suspension and shock absorbers. I was wondering whether the previous owner had them changed.

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
Ben,

Thanks,
And yeah a document came with the car and it was called ford ETIS but that said standard suspension and shock absorbers. I was wondering whether the previous owner had them changed.

I've measured mine again and it's 68cm all round.

I've come to two conclusions - It's been lowered with coilovers to get them that low or your suspension is shagged :whistling: :lol: .

Perhaps someone else with standard suspension could measure theirs at least then you would have some sort of comparison. :L

EDIT,

just a thought i measured from the floor to the sill. The front is 16cm and the rear is 17cm. Try that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ben,

Thanks,

I've measured mine again and it's 68cm all round.

I've come to two conclusions - It's been lowered with coilovers to get them that low or your suspension is shagged :whistling: :lol: .

Perhaps someone else with standard suspension could measure theirs at least then you would have some sort of comparison. :L

EDIT,
just a thought i measured from the floor to the sill. The front is 16cm and the rear is 17cm. Try that.
Thanks,
I will try that thanks.

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
mines zetec 685 mm all round. from floor through to center of wheel arch straight through ford logo on wheel

ford etis says standard suspension
mondeo mk4 zetec tdci 2008 plate
Now you've got me thinking with mine being the same height as yours. I was under the impression that the sports suspension was lowered 30mm than standard. But on ETIS it states "sports tuned suspension", which may not mean it is in fact lowered :dang:

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
A bit more info,

The 2007, 8 and 9 brochure which i have states the sports suspension is standard on the Econetic and TitX sports model and then states that this lowered (sports suspension) suspension is available with any sports pack.

So mine at 68cm is the lowered sport suspension.

There must be a lot out there that has this or even lower if the OP's is anything to go by.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts