Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some SVT uppers and lowers with a Mustang TB. Thanks to Minty who got the contact for me in the States, and is helping me on Saturday to put it on.

Will post some pics when complete. Wish me luck ;)

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Sirus said:
I bought some SVT uppers and lowers with a Mustang TB. Thanks to Minty who got the contact for me in the States, and is helping me on Saturday to put it on.

Will post some pics when complete. Wish me luck ;)
how much BHP do u think that will add on..

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
hello sir as its a mustang throttle body does that fit the mondeo v6?? I think it has a 70mm opening so its sounds bigger to me, but like i said how do u know that the bolts and everything is there for you to just install the item to your car and do you have to do anything else for this to work?? Any help would be appreciated thanks!! :L

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
im not sure about the ST24 (although i believe you can use the ST220 tb on one) but i have a mustang GT tb on my ST220 which is from Accufab and is a 75mm bore
the bolt holes all lined up and i've used the original throttle position sensor and that bolts up correctly too
the only mods i had to do where a spacer plate due to the butterfly hitting the inlet manifold (due to its size) but this will be changed when i sort the manifold out and the throttle cable bracket had to be bent to allow it to work correctly (it sat the cable to far from the linkage)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, it is 98% done, just have to wait until Monday as the small vacumm pipes at the rear of the UIM are very brittle and 3 of them snapped :(

Have to wait until Monday to get replacemments. Should be all finished by Monday evening. Will post pics then :L

·
Registered
356 Posts
Also Fred, we used this guide all the way, it is very very detailed and spot on with instructions:

http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=17

Also the details on removing the fuel pipe is here (under LIM removal):

http://www.fordmondeo.org/workshop/pmwiki.php?n=Mechanical.UIMAmpLIMRemovalAndCleaning

All we did to release the fuel pressure was do the valve, then released the fuel pipe itself. Make sure you open the fuel cap at the rear of the car to release pressure aswell :L We did'nt bother with the fuse etc etc.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
thank you soo much, it really does help as i might be going tommorow to pick up my upper and lower svt manifolds that i won and i want to put them on and any info on how to do it really does help me, keep up the top job on this site its ACE :first: :L :thankyousign:

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
hope you get the pipes sorted out, are they expensive?? And did u replaced the gaskets?? I guess if they look pretty bad then they will need replacing good luck and i hope u get it sorted out :L

·
Big Megger
308 Posts
I snaped two of them pipes when i did mine. went to b&q and they had some clear tube on the rack where you can cut chains, wire, rope to whatever length you want. so i cut myself about 5" length as a tester and it was just about right to slide over the broken pipes, job done cost me £0.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the whole lot of the vacumm tubes cost me about £26 :(

The only gasket i changed was the EGR one. The ones on the LIM & UIM where still in very good nick (they are the thick plastic ones not the metal sheet ones). Gave them alittle wipe over, good as new.

Make sure u got a few cans of Carb cleaner. You can get it from Halfrauds. Give the cylinders on the UIM & LIM a good clean out and wipe down.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
yep already have the carb cleaners about 8 cans, it sounds like alot of money but i brought them from poundland, i think they are in a yellow can, could be wrong but anyways said carb cleaner and ive use the stuff before and it knocks off $h!tt off stuff so thats why i brought them, deffenetly will clean them as they will be off anyways, thanks for all the help, sorry about the pipes, expensive for a pipe but at 26 pounds its not hundreds so i guess if u see it that way its not too bad and if it helps your car breathe a bit better than 26 pounds is a bargin :L ;)

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
and too add to that i will also give them a clean with the toothbrush and i think i might have a toothbrush like tool in the toolbox which is like a wire brush and i hope that will work for that, good luck with your svt parts :L

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought a wheel clean kit from Halfrauds and in that it has a alloy wheel brush (kinda like a toilet brush), cost £5.99 and it fits in the cylinders perfectly.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
i dont know where i got my alloy cleaner brush its a blue one but it might have been halfords reduced, but yeah if that fits thats brilliant as it will help me with cleaning the bits :L

1 - 18 of 18 Posts