Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thank god for parking sensors
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys this may have been covered on the forum before but i couldn't find a post on it.

I have a 58 plate mondeo titanium with tyre pressure monitor system on it, I would like to swap my tyres front to back but i assume this will confuse the monitor system. Is there a way of resetting it or is it a bit of a lost cause?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rob.

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
Why would it confuse the system? I would have thought the system does exactly what it's supposed to.. monitors the pressure of the tyres.

It shouldn't limit you to ONLY have the tyres you currently have on, or else you'd never be able to replace them! I'm certain it'll just display the pressures for whatever tyres you have on each side, nothing to worry about at all!

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. i meant if i swap the wheels fornt to back without taking the tyres off the rims as the computer knows which wheel is which on the convers+ computer. would it say the pressures for the frot tyres on the back and vice versa?

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
just change the air pressures to what they were on each corner.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its not that i "need" to be told but why have the option if your not going to use it. I tow with this car so it is handy to be able to monitor what each wheel is doing and as the computer has i diagram of each wheel i would prefer it to work properly.

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
No, I was just asking if the system instructs you to have the tyres as a set pressure... Seems very strange that's all, the original question I mean.

I think they're brilliant things, I'm very very tempted to get one myself cause recently in the past week I've had some tyre pressure disasters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts