Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had my very first photo licence in the post today.

The first thing that shocked me was the photo was obviously of a mass murderer, and someone I need to keep an eye out for!!! :)

On the rear of the licence, on the left hand side is a symbol like a traffic light, but just showing an Amber circle.

Any ideas what it's for?

·
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the traffic light symbols on the back are a security feature only and have no relation to points.
Quote from DVLA Twitter feed.
Yes, but do you know what it represents?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi raynkar the traffic signal is one of many features on the photocard licence. It doesn't have a specific meaning.(another answer amended for you from the same Twitter answer)

I don't have a Photo licence mine is printed on Parchment, I have not moved house for 40 year so Haven't had to join this ten year Tax scheme yet.

My Son's has a steering wheel graphic on his has the Traffic light replaced that?

·
13,104 Posts
Hi raynkar the traffic signal is one of many features on the photocard licence. It doesn't have a specific meaning.(another answer amended for you from the same Twitter answer)

I don't have a Photo licence mine is printed on Parchment, I have not moved house for 40 year so Haven't had to join this ten year Tax scheme yet.

My Son's has a steering wheel graphic on his has the Traffic light replaced that?
My other half has been nagging me for a decade to ditch my paper licence and get a photo one. I've resisted all this time and have been saying I'm holding back in case as decide to put my HGV back on the licence........but in the end I gave in :)
I have to admit I've lost count of the amount of younger people who have had no idea that not all licences had pics on.

This card licence has a holographic steering wheel over my mugshot on the front and an engraved steering wheel on the rear at the top.
The traffic light looking symbol is a very basic symbol and doesn't look like an anti forgery symbol.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,787 Posts
Still got my paper licence, although its mostly sellotape now and very little actual

licence left. :D

I let my HGV lapse also. Had to explain that to some silly girl at an insurance company

who tried to tell me my licence had expired. Even asking her when her HGV expires

went right through from ear to ear without any obstruction.

·
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: stonekeeper
1 - 9 of 9 Posts