Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. I couldn't find anything about this in the topics so going out on a limb here. I have a portable Sony Minidisc Player that I used to connect to the Sony head unit of my MK4 Mondeo. I want to connect it to my new MK5 Sony head unit running Sync 3.4 but the minidisc only has a 3.5 headphone jack. I bought a USB BT connector but couldn't get it to connect. Would anyone know how I can best do this please? I have no way of transferring stuff on minidisc to any other format hence the desire to connect the portable player to Sync 3. All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks..! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08X6JFV8W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_XNGPDEZR84FMVNH77V6T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi

I believe you can get a USB adapter that allows you to plug in a headphone plug. Not sure if this will allow the sync 3 to read the player though.

Peter

Reactions: Buckleberry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. The BT adapter I bought in the link above would, I hoped, do the job but when I tried to connect I just get a message saying 'device does not offer any Sync compatible features' and kicks it out. Would an optical to USB lead work?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a small rechargeable device on my TV that plugs into a 3.6mm socket and can receive and transmit in Bluetooth, so you should be able to pair this with your car.

·
Nottz Megger
2016 Focus MK3 Titanium + City Pack + Sync3 + MK3.5 IPC
1,942 Posts
Wow! No wonder you couldn't find anything on this! Minidisc was discontinued and flopped years ago!

Does the MK5 not have aux port? If not there are loads of stuff on amazon that will transmit over BT but its really time to ditch the mini disc.

PM me a list of stuff you have on your minidisc and il happily look for digital copy you could just pop on a USB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts