1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm having some issues updating sync 3.

I'm currently on version 2.3

I've tried connecting to WiFi and updating, downloading from the web and putting on a usb (exfat and fat32) with no joy

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
886 Posts
When you downloaded the files to your computer did you "extract" them from the zip before transferring them to the Flashdrive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I extracted them, just spoke to Ford and they want to charge £90 just to look at the issue

·
Registered
886 Posts
You give very little detail of what happens or how far you get in the process.

If you extracted the files and copied them to an exfat formatted 32gb flashdrive, what happens when you start the car and put the drive in the usb port and turn the unit on?

How long did you wait for the unit to recognise the drive and scan the files?

It can take awhile.

It will shut down and reboot then start updating again (can again take awhile)

It then should ask you to cycle the ignition when it will reboot again

According to this video even though you download to a flashdrive the car needs to be connected to wifi during the process

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My apologies
Car was on and connected to WiFi
USB was a 128GB formatted to exfat
Engine was running and usb was plugged in for at least 30 minutes, with nothing happening

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My apologies
Car was on and connected to WiFi
USB was a 128GB formatted to exfat
Engine was running and usb was plugged in for at least 30 minutes, with nothing happening

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nothing happens after plugging in the USB flash drive. What do I need to do?The installation process may start with a delay of up to eight minutes due to very large file sizes. The system will not provide feedback messages during this period. Please be patient. If it doesn't start, please check the content of the USB stick and make sure the following files and folders are on the root folder of the USB flash drive: •One folder with the title "SyncMyRide"including system update files•One file "autoinstall.lst"•One file "DONTINDX.MSA"

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/owners/resources-support/sync-support/update/SYNC_3_USB-Update-Guide.pdf

·
Nottz Megger
2016 Focus MK3 Titanium + City Pack + Sync3 + MK3.5 IPC
1,942 Posts
Try another usb stick and make sure the files have been extracted to root usb and not in a sub folder.

I have done many upgrades including map packages over 22gb and saw messages on screen within a few seconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts